1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone recently stayed at Vdara?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by nvrbeen, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nvrbeen

nvrbeen Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a panoramic suite about 2 months ago for our trip that will be in about two weeks. I was wondering in anyone knew how the incidental and security deposits work and about how much the cost it. I already gave a deposit of about 188 when I made reservations.
    Also, i will be using my DEBIT card, I do not have a credit card.
    Thank you in advance

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nvrbeen, most Strip hotels will accept a debit card for deposit, but balk at check-in...I found that out at the front desk at Mandalay 3 yrs ago...grr
    (no srsly I had $20K in my checking acct and told them to per-authorize whatever... they still wanted our other couple friend's CC instead)
    basically they assume/ are hoping you'll use the minibar..order room svc, charge restaurant meals to the room..etc so I ended up getting a Visa card just for Vegas, yes it's annoying but makes things easier, even when I pay in full upon departure, sad but true

3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I worked in customer service for a business banking call center 5 years ago, I consistently received calls from people traveling to reverse the hold that banks placed for security deposits. It was as simple as a single click on my end of things. I just always warned them that although Im reversing it, its up to the merchant(hotel) not to post it as a charge. And since its a security deposit...the only way they will post it is if you trash the room. You may want to inquire at your bank if this is possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.