1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Sky Suites - are they really that great?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by JosieCat, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booked into an Aria corner suite for 2 nights in October. I am considering asking for a paid upgrade to a Sky Suite at check-in, but am wondering what makes them so special.

Coming from the Rio, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the limo, or the special check-in area. Is it the extra service that makes it so great (which probably wouldn't interest me - I'm pretty low maintenance), or is the room itself that is so much better. What makes them better than a corner suite.

2. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are already getting a corner suite, I'd stick with that unless they will upgrade you to a larger room. The standard sky suites are basically just a regular room but with the added service.

3. Robrasta

Robrasta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had only stayed in "regular rooms" at Aria prior to last summer. Shared 2 bedroom penthouse Sky-Suite with some friends last August and fell in love with the room and service primarily. We've been back twice since then and only stay in the Sky Suites. Limo and special VIP check-in area are very nice touches but we simply love the room size ( I hear the corner suites are oddly shaped and not as large as sky-suites) and private elevators. Our service from the desk to the cleaning crew was top-notch. Cab drop-off in rear (Cosmo side) makes for shorter walk to room elevators. IMO, all the little things plus the room size makes it worth the extra cash if you can swing it.

4. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in the 2 bedroom sky suite last Jan. It was amazing. My favorite room to date. I heard the 1 bedroom just as nice without the extra bedroom

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I am not a fan or the corner suites. It can take forever to get to one, there is often times a support beam running through the suite, and they feel cramped. I know there are different layouts for those suites, so maybe I have just gotten bad ones, but I always felt cramped in them.

With a Skysuite you get a better view, a bigger suite, bigger bedroom, bigger bathroom, turndown service, not as far a walk to the room, and access to the VIP area with drinks and snacks and wine in the afternoon. Compared to a corner suite, its no contest

I Need Spa
  6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

What is the price difference?

I wasn't a big fan of the corner suite either. I agree with both points UKFanatic made, the bedroom especially felt kind of small and tight and they are quite a hike from the elevators. This isn't to say it wasn't a nice suite, but it was more different from the Sky Suite than I expected.

The Sky Suite felt very roomy and I think anyone, guy or girl, would love the bathroom. But the main thing I really enjoyed was the private elevators and private lounge. It was nice to have that lounge to grab a small bite and grab drinks. Coffee, juice, soft drinks, pellegrino, regular water, and wine in the evenings. For someone like me who needs coffee right in the morning and mainlines diet coke throughout the day it was a huge convenience. Its also just a nice little escape from the hustle and bustle of the public spaces.

7. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for the feedback everyone. I too have never been impressed with the corner suite, although at least they are usually very quiet and having a fridge is nice :). I've had the same layout twice, small with a big pole in the middle of the living room. I don't know the price difference, but to be blunt, I've got over $1,300 in EC's with really nothing to spend them on. I get my rooms comped, my food comped, shows if I want them. I don't do spas, and they won't let you spend them on retail. So for me personally, upgrading is really the only thing to spend them on. I think you've convinced me to go for it, if one is available (checking in on a Sunday). The private lounge does sound nice. Is it open 24 hours? I am up really early in Vegas and am sometimes looking for coffee at 4:00 a.m.

8. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is 24 hours. But it is not always attended. The snacks are only there when there is an attendant (similar to Bellagio VIP if you have ever been in there). I don't drink coffee, so I don't know if they keep those filled when an attendant is not present, but you can always reach down in the fridges and grab cold drinks.

I Need Spa
  9. reverted

reverted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was booked in a Corner Suite this Sunday but got bumped to a Center Suite comp and very happy about the upgrade. It was very close to the elevator and after all the walking you have to do at the Aria, I was glad I didn't have to walk to the very end of the hallway for my room. I would definitely try and upgrade up to a bigger suite or a Sky Suite, especially if you have the means in EC to do so that won't be going to use anywhere else.

10. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed once in a corner and a half dozen times in the SS. I much, much prefer the SS, for all the reasons Kickin and UK mentioned.
    Since you know the corner, give the SS a go, if for nothing else then to satisfy your curiosity.

11. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is 24 hours with respect to the fact that there is seating you can use and the Sky Suite check in area for those guests only is open. As for the snacks, there is a spread laid out earlier in the day with pastries, coffee, fruit etc and the drinks include soda, water and various juices. In the evening there are chocolate covered strawberries, cheese and crackers and wine offered. The soft drinks (and coffee) are only restocked only as long as the attendants are there.

I would advise grabbing a few extra beverages and keeping them in the fridge up in your Sky Suite room, because once the attendants leave, the Sky Suite guests descend on those drinks like a school of piranha!! They literally clean out the refrigerators where the drinks are and take EVERYTHING, You will not be able to get anything later at night because it will all be gone until the attendant arrives in the morning.

12. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I have stayed there I have always been able to get drinks out of the fridge, even very late at night. But you're right, there is a lot less in the fridges by late in the evening

I Need Spa
  13. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

The little aluminum bottles of soda are the best. However, I stopped by the Sky Suite lounge around midnight during my trip last month. There was nothing but a few bottles of diet coke left.

14. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all. I'm going to go for it. Too funny about the fridge in the lounge being cleaned out at night. They should get together with my co-workers, who anytime food is involved, turn into vultures. I swear I could put dog biscuits in the kitchen at work and someone would probably eat them.

15. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Lol...drinks may be cleaned out late into the night, but the restroom in the lounge seems to always be stock full of pocket sized hair sprays.

16. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that is good information. I'd be taking full advantage of that if it weren't for the liquid restrictions on the plane :)

17. MarkDC

MarkDC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Josie,

Although I’ve stayed in Aria’s regular rooms a couple of times, I’ve not been able to stay in a corner suite yet because I each time I have reserved one, I find a deal or offer for the SS that I just couldn’t refuse.

Limo from Rio to Aria: they used to be strict with their limos, only to or from the airport. However, they picked me up from Wynn last December and dropped me at Planet Hollywood, so that policy may have changed.

Service: Excellent. One call gets top managers taking care of your issue in a heartbeat. I wrote a couple of reviews over on TA you might be interested in. Although room service was lacking during my first stay (an hour wait for a slice of pie), and the concierge was worthless, every other Dept was great, Bell, Laundry, cleaning, everyone was fantastic. Enough so, that I gave them a second shot. Everything clicked during the second stay. Concierge was great and took care of all my details for me. That made a huge difference in my enjoyment.

Rooms: Unless you get the penthouse (think I had one the first time), rooms are regular basic modern suites. Difference from Aria is quiet everywhere. Very, very, nice. All the views are good. My TA reviews have photos.

Quality of stay is, IMO, striking. SS are quiet and sedate, a little private enclave in the madness of Aria’s crowds. Although I’ve not been impressed with the lounge (I’ve been spoiled by the one at H32, LOL) it is convenient for coffee. Can’t understand why Aria hasn’t put coffee in the rooms. If upgrading is your thing, give it a try. Have the limo pick you up from the Rio. Use the SS check in too!

18. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny too because these are probably some of the highest class and most expensive rooms in Vegas, yet these people need to hoard soda? haha

I think I would be all in on a Sky Suite depending on the price. For $100 or something ok, but I wouldn't pay double or triple my room rate to do something like that.

19. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great info Mark, I will definitely check out your trip report. Unfortunately, I won't be trying for this upgrade until I check in (M Life won't let you upgrade comp offers until check-in) so the limo wouldn't be possible.

Yes, it's amazing what some people will do when they hear the word "free" is involved. I've got a corner suite comped, and the price difference is $200 a night, so I would imagine, if a Sky Suite is available, that I could probably upgrade for $100-$150 a night.

20. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I stay up really late in Vegas too and don't remember the bottled drinks ever being cleaned out and not being able to get at least water or diet coke. Maybe juice and some other stuff will be gone late night. I don't know if it is so much to do with hoarding or just the fact that it isn't refilled late night so the inventory will get lighter and lighter.

One of the other things I liked about the Sky Suites is the front desk can take care of a lot for you. For example when a host books a show for me I usually have to pick up the tickets at the box office, but at the Sky Suites the front desk will get them for you. They will also take care of your boarding pass themselves, limos, reservations, etc.

Here is a better list of some of the services and amenities they provide than what you can find on the Aria website: http://www2.citycenter.com/press_room/press_room_items.aspx?ID=1321

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.