1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Host Offers vs. Marketing Offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JosieCat, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm probably a little strange in that I just prefer to book marketing offers vs. dealing with a host. I have hosts at many of the M Life properties simply due to the fact that most of the time, I don't get the M Life corporate offers, and if I hadn't stayed at a property recently, I would never get marketing offers - so I would have no choice but to call a host. Once I stay at the property though, I get on the marketing offer list - and am usually happy with these - I don't really need anything else.

So my question is - is it rude/inappropriate to book a marketing offer with VIP marketing rather then booking through your host. Does it matter. Would your host get credit for your play regardless?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I think your host gets a piece of the action anyway.

Like you, I used to use a host because I never had anything show up online or via email. But now that things are starting to pop up in MLife, the only time I plan to use a host is when I need something beyond what the offer includes (like additional nights, or swapping comp nights in a regular room for fewer comped nights in a better room).

3. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always book through my host as my offers are always 3 nights and I usually stay 4 or 5.

The one time I called MLife and asked for additional nights, they had to call my host anyway.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    with mlife corporate are up to 3 nites after that a host will have to do the rest

5. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

You wouldn't believe some of the corporate offers that are available for certain players. Ive seen the co sheet that had offers of comped sky-lofts, rfb - unlimited for 4 people and 50k in freeplay on slots.

6. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host has guaranteed me he will beat any Corp offer I get. Never failed.

7. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

Out of curiosity has your host ever bested a corporate offer for free play? Hosts can always do better on rfb, its the free play that's iffy.

8. LOCALGAMBLER77

LOCALGAMBLER77 Local Las Vegan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sometimes really feel the same way. I am a Ceasars gambler and I have an Executive Host (as a Seven Stars), so I try to use my host. But sometimes, I just don't want the bother -- I just want to call, book and move on with my life. I know I get a better suite when I use my host and all of that, but sometimes I have a two or three day wait for confirmation and so on and so forth. I think she gets a cut anyway, not sure. But I say, do what you feel like doing, it is your money.

9. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently tried to book a Corporate offer thru VIP Marketing without using my host. The representative looked up my Mlife number and put me on hold. After several minutes he came back on the line and told me he was transferring me to my host. It worked out fine as my host added several things to the offer. I guess my point with this is that you may not be able to book thru VIP marketing if you have a host.

10. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the replies. In my case, I really don't need more than what is being offering in the marketing offer. But I don't want to offend my host - it just seems such a waste of their time to bother them to book something that VIP marketing could do.

The one time I dealt with a host booking my M life corporate offer - she bumped up my free play from $300 to $450. Normally I'm calling a host because I don't have any kind of marketing offer. The 2 times I've done that I've gotten $500 in free play.

Yes, the Mirage kind of forces you to use a host if you have one. In fact the first time I stayed there I was just booking my M Life marketing offer, they said because I was Platinum I had to go through a host.

11. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gofaster87 I got extra $125 in freeplay last weekend.

12. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Josiecat, your host will not get any credit for you play on marketing offer. They would be happy to book your offer. If you don't want the extra FP and RC send them the message boards way. Lol

13. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to know what it takes to get an offer with free play.
    Always see offers with suites, resort credit ,free tickets etc.but NEVER free play.
    I wonder if it is being primarily a table player vs. slots.

14. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure Mlife does not give free play to table players, only slot players.

V/P and Cosmo gives free play to table players. I think Wynn doesn't give table players free play.

15. Kickin

Kickin Flea

This has usually been the case for me. The hosts improved the offer or at least added things like an upgrade, limo pickup, or better show tickets. But this next trip I booked through a host and he didn't change a single thing. I asked about an upgrade but he didn't even acknowledge it and just booked me in the suite listed in the offer. It's fine but I wouldn't have bothered booking through him had I known because at least I would've felt less guilty about playing elsewhere.

16. Ade87

Ade87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a Corp offer of 3 Nights + $125 FP from Cosmopolitan.

Does anyone know a Cosmo Host (Slot speficic if they have one) that I could contact? Wouldn't mind it to make the booking process easier and secure rooms for my next two trips in November and June coming from the UK.

17. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It also depends what level room you are wanting to book.

18. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sort of have a host at The Mirage. I've only been to Vegas once and that was last year. I contacted their hosts like 6 months before my upcoming trip to see if I'd get a good deal. Sure enough I got a few nights free, $100 FP and $100 RC.The total incl. taxes and resort fees for my 14 nights stay was around $1350. A few months passed and I looked that I've got 2 different offers on mlife.com one was for, I think, 3 nights free + $100 FP and $50 RC and 2 nights free + $100 RC.

I emailed my host who had done the original booking for me asking if he can match the offers I currently have because it seems I would be able to get way better deal on mlife.com. He kindly informed me to book through mlife and I was able to get $50 more RC and the total came around $1030. I don't know why he just didn't give me the better deal but I'm not complaining, I'm saving almost $400. T

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.