1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

what is up with hotel prices?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by judy, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    since we stayed last April the prices of most all the hotels have skyrocketed. There aren't any conventions when i am looking, what gives? Is this a sign Vegas tourism is back and better than ever?
    Looking at weekend of Sept 12-15 ! Thanks for any and all insights.....meanwhile I keep checking my email box and the deals on this board!

Luxor
  2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep...I really wanted that weekend but couldn't swing the free rooms.

Hopefully Floyd takes one on the chin and loses.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a few conventions going on for those dates (biggest being Interbike) plus a pretty big convention ends on the 11th so there could still be a few people leftover from that taking up rooms and there are a couple of big ones that start on the 18th, which isn't while you are there but most exhibitors arrive 1-2 days earlier.

Also, September has been a pretty expensive month for Las Vegas hotels for years - other than the mentioned fight going on there are a lot of little conventions going on and then all those couples without kids who worked during the summer so the people with kids could go on vacation before school, they take their vacations in September (pretty much the weather is still perfect in Vegas at the time - its our favorite time to go).

5. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two conventions I would like to go to, Interbike and SEMA. Yes, the weather is nice in September.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  6. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks to you all for the expert advice and quick replies! I will have to bite the bullet, economize at home
    and enjoy the busy weekend in Vegas!! love this board!

Luxor
  7. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes you picked a very busy weekend. I'm booked for the Fight and Marc Anthony is playing that Saturday too. So there is a lot going on that weekend. I've got comped rooms at PHO and Aria right now plus tickets to both events as the host was telling me that weekend was filling up fast.

Hope you can make it should be fun and not as hot in MID Sept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.