1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Early Check-in Question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I understand that early check in may incur a fee (of $30) I believe and that check-in time is 3:00pm. I will be getting to the Flamingo on Tuesday July 22.

For the purpose of trying to get a free upgrade...when is the best time to check in?

Also, there is some confusion on whether we have a King or a 2 Queen room. My paper says 2 Queen. When I called to confirm they saw it as a King and then as a 2 Queen. Not just the preference...but the actual room. So to make sure that I get the 2 Queen what time should I arrive at for check-in?

Thanks.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there no answer to your question it all depends on ocupancy the nite before and how many priorty people coming and what time of the day there checking in, usuasly weekdays are easier unless theres a convention going so its pot luck

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, there is some confusion on whether we have a King or a 2 Queen room. My paper says 2 Queen. When I called to confirm they saw it as a King and then as a 2 Queen. Not just the preference...but the actual room. So to make sure that I get the 2 Queen what time should I arrive at for check-in?

all you can do is request your prefrence its never guarented,

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The closer to their posted check-in time, the more rooms they'll have available & the more they'll know what they have open for a possible upgrade.

The earlier you go, rooms haven't been cleaned yet and there isn't a whole lot of open ones to choose from.

5. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true.

You can pay a bit more and the website shows a different price for 2 Queens vs 1 king

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    absulty true ,its like renting a car , you can resererve it but if in not in stock theres nothing you can do

read the fine print

theres nothing guarented till you actually get the room
    i know you can reserrve and pay more but if they dont have they dont have , same way they over book and can bounce you out off the out of the hotel and put you up in another hotel, its call pus and minus in hotel inventory when check., just like an airplane can overbook.

7. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too was wondering this, our flight lands from the UK at 12:05pm. So is it worth leaving our bags with reception and go grab some food somewhere to give us the best shot at a $20 sandwich success?

8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you paid for two queens, you'll get two queens. They might not have any cleaned and ready to go when you arrive - but they will have one for you by check-in time.

What PP says is technically true, but only on the busiest of times is there even a remote chance of them not having a room with the correct number of beds that you paid for available. And next week will not be a particularly busy week in Vegas.

9. JethroChoicebro

JethroChoicebro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In regards to early check in, I stayed beginning of June and checked in about 11am with no issue. $20 got an upgrade from Fab to Go room so was all good.
    This was a Tuesday I'm sure helped.

10. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know, we'll be arriving on a Sunday, should be at the hotel by about 1:30/2pm I would have thought. Do you reckon we should just try to check-in then and go for the $20 sandwich trick?

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sunday check ins suck becuase most hotels are packed saturday so it takes a long time to clean all the rooms becuease most hotels are close to full ocupancy , keep that in mind

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks

13. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers for that useful fact, makes a lot of sense! In which case, should we leave our bags with reception and go for a bite to eat somewhere?

14. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. PP is being a debbie downer. I've checked in a million times on Sundays at numerous hotels. They always had rooms available early.

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was going to say i never hurts to ask, but i stand but my statement sundays are usuly the hardest as most hotels are at full ocupancy so less pickings

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.