1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

DTG and GN pool policies: outside food/drinks

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by mkcoroner, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkcoroner

mkcoroner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know pool policies for DTG and GN regarding outside food/drinks? What can you bring in? Can I bring a backpack or small cooler containing beers (cans; no glass)? I'm planning on buying a variety of canned craft beers and would like to enjoy them at the pool. How about a McDonald's cup to pour them into? Thanks! MK

2. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DTG has a no outside food or drink policy. They have water available as you walk in (a water dispenser, not bottled water) but you can't take anything in. As I was leaving they asked two people to dispose of their red solo cup drinks prior to entering. I can't speak for GN.

3. WannabeinLV

WannabeinLV Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have taken outside drinks into the GN pool numerous times in the last couple years with no problem. The only comment was from a server asking us not to bring glass bottles. Have brought six packs to enjoy at the hot tub and adult pool at night as well.

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW GREAT NEWS!!

Is that oh during the evening?

5. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am at the GN right now. No outside food or drinks allowed at either pool during the day. Not sure of evening rules. I did manage to bring bottled water in my beach bag because a bottle of water is $3.24!

6. WannabeinLV

WannabeinLV Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are usually at the pool/hot tub in the evenings but have taken drinks in during the day, usually in a swim bag not just walking in with a case of beer. Last time was about a year ago and many staff saw us grab drinks out of our bag. Maybe they are getting more strict on enforcing their policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.