1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Did Claimsjumper replace the Carson St. Cafe at Golden Nugget?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Electroguy563, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And if it did, how is it? I know it's a chain restaurant but we don't have Claimsjumper where we live. I want to try it.

2. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it did. We are at GN now but have not tried it. I tend to avoid chains.

3. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There’s one here in my neck of the woods that I visit occasionally. It has a well rounded menu with good comfort food in generous portions at reasonable prices. Worth a try for the folks in the DT area.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree... solid choice, especially for downtown. There I said it, "I EAT AT CHAINS"... I like many of them and LOVE some of them. I think you'll find that many normal humans do!!!! ... and YES... they've opened a location inside the Golden Nugget.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chains aren't necessarily bad. Bad chains are bad.

I've eaten at CJ enough not to seek it out on the road, but if someone's not from these here parts, likes HUGE portion, some fun spins on classic comfy food and good preparation, that's been my experiences with CJ if not this particular outlet.

6. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, are you :stir: ? I agree with your assessment, I don't seek out chains but often times they are the best option.

7. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at two that are near me. They have big portions of comfort food and also have some BBQ items. The food is decent and portions were huge, not something I would seek out but not bad at all.

-Max

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! I love that emodicon (I think that's what they're called?)... actually... I did it for me! I feel like I came out of the food "closet" on this one. I've long argued positively for the likes of Maggiano's, Olive Garden, McDonalds and the like, but this is the first time I've publicly proclaimed... I EAT AT CHAINS... I DO... and darn it, people still like me.

9. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at a few in the San Diego area, pretty decent for a chain

10. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright!! I'm going to try it out... I usually try to eat at places that are different while in Vegas but always wanted to try Claimsjumper. We know there's one at Towns Square and meant on past trips to try it but it never panned out.

But since we always stay Downtown on our trips we figured we'll give it a go. I don't know why.... but I'm gonna miss the Carson St. Café. I loved the pancakes there. :cry:

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth, Claim Jumper is owned by Landry's, which is the same corporation that owns the Golden Nugget. While I normally try to avoid chains, especially in Vegas, it's not like this is an Olive Garden randomly located inside an MGM joint; there's some understandable corporate synergy going on here.

12. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dunno about claimSjumper...
    But the BorderHopper is great.

13. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it's up to me to play Negative Nellie. We tried it when they came to the area with my California Transplant friends hooting and hollering over it. Outside of the larger portions, I didn't get the big deal. It's not a worn out concept like other chains but it's not something I would pass up an established downtown gem for.

14. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes its very good. Service is great also! I personally like it better than the old cafe, although it is smaller now because they added Caddilac Grill to the corner. <<< Food is amazing there too if you are feeling Mexican.

15. SpinyNorma

SpinyNorma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't tried Claim Jumpers but I thought I'd jump in on the chain restaurant thing. I don't mind eating at chains in Vegas but they have to be ones we don't have at home. I will confess, however, to the occasional stop at Mickey D's but only when it's really late, it's right there and open at that hour, and my feet have threatened leap up and strangle me if I tried to walk one step further than I absolutely had to. My feet are cranky, hateful things after a few days in Vegas.

16. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear you about the feet! I always end up with a blister or two on my feet after 3 or 4 days in Vegas.

-Max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.