1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nightclub Noise at Cosmo?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by thecarve, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dad and I are thinking about a Vegas trip this fall and we’re considering staying at Cosmo.

I’ve only ever spent one night at Cosmo and it was pretty much dawn by the time I made it to bed. So I have no idea what sort of nightclub noise makes its way to the rooms. But since dad usually can’t make it until the wee hours of the morning anymore, I probably ought to take room noise into consideration. Can anyone give me some info regarding what rooms I need to ask for?

My hunch is that a room in the West tower, facing north would probably be the best option as it would be the farthest from the nightclub, pools and the strip. Is Drai’s close enough to be an issue for north-facing rooms?

Thanks. :beer:

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drais is not nearly close enough to create an issue. But Marquee is. I have experienced that problem in the past, as well as concerts from the pool deck. I would recommend the west tower with a west (mountain) view. If you ask for the west tower with a north view, you may be right around the corner from the Marquee noise

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks UKFanatic.

Yeah, looking at an overhead shot I see now that Cromwell is over a full Strip-sized block from Cosmo. For some reason, I was thinking Cosmo was directly across from Paris/Bally’s – not PHo.

4. Gargamel

Gargamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In evoni's recent trip report, still on the first page in TR's, she mentions club noise at the Cosmo.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    drias isnt a problem, but notsure when ur going, your problem are the blvd pool and concert series , very loud and marquee day and nite club very loud , it can be a very big problem all day and nite

6. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've stayed at the Cosmo twice in the west tower on the north side facing Bellagio - both times around the 20th floor. Never heard any nightclub noises - just the fountain music & some Strip street noise while sitting out on the balcony. Inside the room we didn't hear anything, not even hallway noise from the usual loud talkers & drunks.

7. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Paperposter.

The last time I stayed at Cosmo, the marquee club was going basically all day and night. I think it went to 4am.

I basically got no sleep the entire weekend. It was miserable. I wrote it up in this forum, but got a bunch of 'you must be too old' responses.

I am not sure what your options are to solve the problem, but you are definitely right to worry about it.

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I remember your post, ICallHimGamblor. Do you recall where your room was?

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

my suggestion and this just a suggestion as i woudnt put my parents there , its a real nice place but u never are guarenteed what room till u get it big problem as the blvd pool is on one side and marquue on the other.for that reason its a problem i would stay at aria or bellliagio, i assume ur staying on comp so that wont be an option.

im there all the time and its zoo i would hate to be face either of those places , no differnt than having a pool facing room at hardrock during rehab.bass in your face all day and nite

now the 20's something might love it, but eventualy it gets old

10. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It overlooked the Marquee pool. They kept telling me there was nowhere to move me.

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. Sorry about your luck - not being able to sleep when you want is a huge PITA - especially in Vegas where you're going balls to the wall every waking hour. :thumbsdown:

I think if I were able to get rooms in the areas I’ve had them before, I’d be fine. Neither time did I hear any noise from the pools and I think both rooms were far enough away from Marquee to be reasonably quiet at night. But I know that can’t be guaranteed since we’d both be staying on comp offers.

Probably ought to stick with our usual haunts.

Thanks for all the info, gang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.