1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas I spent all of my coins!!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Jake&Avery, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been saving for a year and a half (since my last trip to Vegas) and I managed to spend all but about 600 of my coins this weekend on MyVegas rewards for our upcoming trip in late September.

I redeemed:

1. 2 Bellagio dinner buffet passes
    2. 2 Bellagio breakfast/lunch buffet passes
    3. 2 Premium tickets to KA' - we got seats on the 4th row, section 102 - right there!!
    4. BOGO 3-day monorail passes

CHA-CHING!!

2. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In other words... well over $300 in value for playing a silly game. Good job! Enjoy your trip!
    diane

3. Jake&Avery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks like the value breaks down to:

Bellagio dinner = $33.99 x 2 = $67.98
    Bellagio b'fast = $18.99 x 2 = $37.98
    KA' tickets = $417.90 - right now the same section (102) and row (we're in "D", and these were for row "H" with taxes & fees are $417.90
    Monorail BOGO 3 day tickets = $28

Total savings: $551.86

Not to shabby!!

4. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is great!

I am going to start using LP this week for my trip in August. Some of the rewards are gone so fast!

-Max

5. THINICE

THINICE Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good job!!!!!

How many coins did all that cost?

6. Mexico

Mexico Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well done!!! We are going in September and trying to get as many as we can just now as we have only been playing for a few months but I have 93,000 and hubbie has 75,000so we should be able to get a couple of show tickets and buffet tickets , love getting something for nothing xxxx

7. Jake&Avery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was:
    1. 2 Bellagio dinner buffet passes = 280,000
    2. 2 Bellagio breakfast/lunch buffet passes - 136,000
    3. 2 Premium tickets to KA' - we got seats on the 4th row, section 102 - right there!! - 208,000
    4. BOGO 3-day monorail passes - 14,000

and I'm working my way to a free popcorn at the Sugar Factory for 2,500 coins

8. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Bellagio buffet prices (in LP's) is so much higher than all of the rest of the buffet options. I guess the Bellagio name still carries a lot of weight.

Very nice score! Lots of stuff for nothing but a little time from playing a game. Have a great time!

9. ultima-forsan

ultima-forsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for my ignorance but I thought that you can only redeem 3 items in a row?

10. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The monorail is separate from the MGM rewards and doesn't count towards the 3 every 30 days dealio. Same for Sugar Factory, Wolfgang Puck, House of Blues.

11. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's great to see people get the rewards for playing a free game. Just as a suggestion. You should get the other person you are going with to also play the game. Won't help you now but if both of you played you could have saved 271,000 LPs (if my quick calculation is correct) because MLife sticks it to single players purchasing two of the same item like buffets and show tickets. Your buffet tickets alone are twice as 'expensive' compared to what it would cost two single players to purchase one each of the buffets. Another added benefit is that with two people you could redeem 6 rewards instead of the 3 you did (monorail doesn't count).

Not sure this would be a viable option for you in the future but something to consider. Enjoy your trip!

12. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct but to further answer ultima-forsan's question there are people who can redeem more than 3 rewards because they have purchased chips. I can redeem 6 (don't ask).

13. Jake&Avery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yes, I completely agree, however, as much as I begged and pleaded with my hubby, he was "not playing that stupid Facebook game"...:nono:

Even though he clearly sees that we are getting "stuff' from playing it but he just wasn't doing it - not worth his time...

when my sister and I went to Vegas over a year and a half ago, the MyVegas game hadn't imposed the 3 limit reward and we had like $1,200 worth of freebies then!! it was awesome!!

14. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell him that you did all the hard work so you are using the rewards just for yourself. Just kidding. He actually sounds like I did when my g/f first suggested playing the game. Now I have 800,000 LPs.

I know the rewards keep getting less and less. It's very frustrating and I'm having a hard time figuring out what rewards to redeem. Have a great time!

15. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could also play the game for him on his facebook.

16. ahart

ahart Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's impressive! I'm going in Sept. and will have enough for two prem. tickets for Zarkana and hopefully two buffets for Aria. A free night out...

17. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play for my wife.

18. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just started redeeming for my August trip.

My first reward claimed was the $50 credit at the Times Square Bar at NYNY for 50,000 :)

My wife and I both play so we should get 6 rewards total to use on this trip.

I think this little marketing scheme called MyVegas will get us to go to Vegas more often.

-Max

19. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just started playing and just ordered my LOVE tickets today. When I was on the phone she told me I still have 3 more to use. I told her that I thought you could only get 3 and she answered that they do give more to some people. Not sure how I got lucky but I will definitely take advantage.

20. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you didnt got good value out of your LPs.
    especially the bellagio buffet passes are well overpriced (when you can say that for LPs).
    dont lie to yourself regarding the value of the KA tickets.
    but even when you leave the KA value as is, your ratio for 1000 points is about 0.86 ......AND THAT'S NOT GOOD!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.