1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Philly Pretzel Factory

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Found one near me in a Walmart. Never spent much time in Philly so I dont know if these are the real deal,I'm taking them to AC tonite to snack on in the room .Have to grab some mustard packs from the condiment counters.

2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It can only be yellow mustard. For authenticity, it must be slathered on with a wooden paint stirrer. The pretzel should have enough salt so that you can hit it against the side of something to knock off the excess salt and there will still be plenty of salt on the pretzel. It must be eaten by pulling off a bit at a time with your hand.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watched an episode of Undercover Boss about Philly Pretzel Factory. It was on one of those marathon deals, so probably a few years old. The "boss" was finding that he was having the same problem many franchised operation experience... that being franchisees who buy into the "system" and then immediately start varying from it for various reasons. The product, as specified was pretty tasty looking'!

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen! Yellow only...save the Gulden's spicy for dogs or burgers.

I used to love grabbing a bag from the dudes selling them exiting the Vet parking lot

5. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think their pretzels are just average. If the pretzels were hot or very warm then I might have a different opinion of them... Since I'm not a fan of mustard, I usually get their cheese dip.

6. wizard950

wizard950 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they are pretty good, especially when they are at least warm. There is a Philly Pretzel Factory in Harrah's AC in the food court by the pool.

Breeze is right about the yellow mustard, stick and the salt. I used to get one almost every day way back when from a vendor selling them out of a wooden cart at the EL stop at K & A.

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta have the spicy mustard, there was a store in the Pennsauken Mart that made their own pretzels, a bald hot one and the whole grain spicy mustard.....heaven.

They also sell party platters with soft pretzel nuggets and the cheese dip, always a hit.

Rocky, I gave up on street pretzels after one of the local TV stations ran an undercover story.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had one in AC room at 1am this morning. Dont remember much except squirting the mustard packet on the dresser and carpet. They were not the traditional figure 8 pretzels ,but were straight twists about 8 in. long.

9. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like their pretzels a lot, but then again I'm used to crappy NYC pretzels. Philly pretzels are much better than the stale crap you get from sidewalk vendors in NYC (and I say this as an NYC native).

I personally hate mustard or any other topping on a pretzel, other than salt!

10. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread has me thinking and missing my "philly foods" and one thing that is big up there and not down here in TX is salt and vinegar on french fries.

I'm having a craving for some while I sit here at work....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.