1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Solo dining...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by emileeash, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emileeash

emileeash Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am heading to Vegas at the end of July for 3 nights and staying at the Bellagio. Looks like this will be a solo trip, which is totally fine with me except for dining. Although I love the Bellagio, their restaurants are not at the top of my list.

Can you solo travelers out there give me some ideas where to solo dine? 57 year old female here, not looking for anything other than having some good quality cocktails and good food, semi-fine dining to casual, but not interested in fast food. I'll be reading a magazine or something while dining. American or Italian will work just fine and price isn't an issue. Oh yeah, no chain restaurants.

Thank you in advance for your responses! Can't wait to get there!!

2. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please consider Scarpetta at the Cosmopolitan.

Italian.

Views of Bellagio fountains.

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do decide you want fine dining, Picasso is great for that; I've gone there on multiple occasions planning to read while eating solo, and wound up just staring out at the fountains. Otherwise, though, I think you might be better off at Aria or Cosmopolitan for that sort of range. Of the more casual places at Bellagio, Yellowtail is loud and scene-y, and I personally think Fix is a disaster (which is odd, because it's almost identical to Stack, which is one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas). Aria has tons of nice places with bar seating that are great, but casual; Lemongrass, Julian Serrano, Javier's, and Five50 are all very, very good. I've also eaten at The Henry and Holstein's at Cosmopolitan, and enjoyed both, although the bartender at The Henry was surprisingly terrible.

4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rao's was very comfortable eating at the bar alone. Mon Ami Gabi was fine but the bar is a little small. Meza Grill was good at the bar, I was not the only solo diner. I was treated very well dining at the bar at Carnevino.

5. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hash House
    Cafe Bellagio
    Mon Ami Gabi (one of my favorites)
    Grand Lux
    Holsteins

Planet Dailies is good, but my service there has been pretty poor. I actually tipped my waitress less than 15% this most recent trip, something I've done maybe only once or twice before.

6. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any place with a bar.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tetsu at aria ur solo dining bar at a tapan bar amazing food great experance , not cheap

nines steak house sit at the bar

the best is the lower end joel rochbon (Sp) at mgm cant beat it

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cafe Bellagio and Trevi (Caesars, Italian) come to mind immediately.

9. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Any place that doesn't welcome you at the bar take your business elsewhere.

10. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going solo the third week of July. I've made reservations at Giada at the Cromwell. I've been on many solo trips and eaten in too many restaurants to remember as a solo 60ish man. Eating at most bars, rather than at a table in a dining room is usually not the same for me. However, don't forget, the placement of the table is at your control. Try to avoid the middle of the room and being near the front of the room.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a "calendar" on this forum for those of us who do visit Vegas and end up dining solo where we could possibly explore potential company of other solo diners? Of course, the site would bear no responsibility or liability, just merely a way to see who is going to be there and when,

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  11. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with 44inarow on Aria- I go solo many times and Aria has some great places to dine solo- esp Julian Serrano, Javier's, Five50 and even Social House in the Crystals mall is great as well.

12. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW Steakhouse (Wynn)
    Carnevino (Palazzo)
    Craftsteak (MGM)
    Sage (Aria)
    La Cave (Wynn)
    Sinatra (Encore)
    Society Café (Encore)
    Wazuzu (Encore)
    Allegro (Wynn)
    Sensi (Bellagio)
    China Poblano (Cosmo)

There are dozens more restaurants that have been just fine. But this list represents a combination of places where I’ve had a very good meal and have felt the most comfortable as a solo diner. Of course, I have no criteria for what makes me “feel comfortable” and even if I did, it would probably not be the same thing that makes you feel comfortable…:rolleyes2:

I don’t think I’ve ever felt uncomfortable eating solo in Vegas. There are always others doing the same thing and I’ve never felt as if I was unwelcome or getting inferior service as a single.

13. emileeash

emileeash Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a great idea martinr! I believe there is a forum for members going to Vegas and scheduling group meet ups, but I like your idea of a calendar for solo diners. Maybe you can suggest this to the administrator? Please post your thoughts on Giada's restaurant, I'm extremely curious. Thank you too for the seating tips. Have a great time on your trip!!

14. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could sit outside at Olives and watch the fountains.

15. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When solo dining at a buffet do you lean your chair up at an angle when you go back for more ?
    At least that way they may know your coming back .

16. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolute brilliant idea!! I think its a great way to meet new people!

17. tipdrill

tipdrill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THIS +1. Just tried it last trip; very good.

18. rolotumasi

rolotumasi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm usually there in February or March so I keep a light jacket on the chair but that is a very good idea

19. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that idea as I end up being solo a lot.

20. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea on tipping the chair up...I had my spot cleared once while up getting more stuff. I am too nervous to leave my hat and Oakley's sitting on the chair beside me because I am afraid someone will jack me.

Another good call on the solo calendar too.

I am a boring eater though. I will be satisfied with a buffet for breakfast and then some steak for dinner. The rest of my calories are of the hoppy liquid variety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.