1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage Tower Suite or Penthouse Suite....

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by BWWJR, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BWWJR

BWWJR Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello! I have a tower suite booked for a week in July at The Mirage. I was just wondering if anybody knew what the differences are between the tower and penthouse at mirage?
    from the videos of the rooms i have seen, they look the same, just different decor and tower suites being a few floors down from the top level penthouse. Thanks!

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's exactly right. Tower suites are awesome!

3. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep.. pretty much the same thing except for a little nicer decor and furniture in the pent. I believe we were on floor 30 or 32 when we stayed in the penthouse but it was not the top floor.

If you can get the Tower Suite for a much cheaper rate, go for it! Your not missing much paying $100 more a night for the penthouse. Its the same size & floor plan.

For the size.. something like 1200 square feet (?) the tower suite is a great value on the right nights.

4. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The couch in the tower suites are actually better than the Penthouses, in my opinion. The Penthouses have couches with wood dividers in them and the Tower rooms are just one gigantic L shaped couch that you can pass out on (if need be). It's hard to even lie down on the couches in the Penthouses if you're over 6' tall

Personally, I think the Tower Suites are better than the Penthouses....when you consider the price between the two, there's even more to like.

5. BWWJR

BWWJR Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input everybody! Awesome!

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in both Suites in the past. The only real difference that I saw between the two were that the Tower Suites did not have as much marble in them as the penthouse suites and, as was said before, the penthouse suites have a higher quality decor and furniture. Both are located on the top 2 floors.

7. duoglide

duoglide Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping to get a Tower Suite for my trip. I don't have comps or player points and have to pay for the room.

I'm wondering what are some of the prices people in this situation have gotten them for on non-prime weeks? A rough average per night?

Staying Thurs to Mon. I'm looking around various sites to find the best price but don't want to get ripped.

8. wennykilson

wennykilson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a very low roller, the best weekdays I have seen using my mLife number are between about $155 to $185.

9. sambdking

sambdking Tourist

Mirage Penthouse suites have slightly higher ceilings and are on floors 29-30. Tower suites are on floors 26-28.

10. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same square footage:
    Tower Suites - Floors 26,27,28 - one bedroom=1258 sq ft, 2 bedroom=1628 sq ft
    Penthouse Suites - Top two floors - 29 and 30, (I think) - one bedroom=1258 sq ft, 2 bedroom=1628 sq ft%

Penthouse has upgraded linens/bedding - 100% Egyptian Cotton
    Penthouse has a couple of more pieces of furniture, upgraded fabrics, mostly aesthetic differences barely noticeable to me - I like the sofa better in the Tower Suite (as another poster noted - Penthouse has hardback sofa).

I agree with several other posters, Tower Suites are sweeter IMHO.

11. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the tower suites and penthouses all around the Mirage? I mean in every "wing/tower"? Pictures and videos always show them being located in the west tower viewing the backend of caesars and the desert. Does anyone know if these suites are in the "north tower" as well, facing the strip? I would love to have a nice stripview...

12. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello ex507,

I'm the worst at remembering the guest room layouts and I misspoke earlier(no N, S, E, W) - there are only 3 'wings' in the shape of a sideways Y - I THINK called north, south, west but don't quote me...and I can barely remember rooms from trip to trip but my DH has better memory and sense of direction so here goes:
    tower suite with view of volcano- 27044, 27021, 28044, 28017 based on our memory..I can't remember what suite we stayed in last time and I was stone cold sober but it was near the elevator
    tower king room volcano- 24080. And another poster mentioned 24082 and that is also a good volcano view.
    Some of the south wing rooms have pool view and partial Caesars view as we'll.

BTW - here is a website that will show you every room and it's physical location at the mirage and shows perfectly the 'Y' and it's positioning relative to the strip, pool, volcano , etc.
    Go to: www.room77.com. ( sorry I wasn't able to cut and paste the entire URL )
    Then under the 77 logo type in: mirage resort, Las Vegas , nv
    It will ask you to enter dates, do this and mirage pops up. Then look below the box " get deal" and you will see 'View floor plan', click this and you will be able to see the description and physical location of every room..and then decide which view and rooms fit your preferences.

Hope u find the room for you!!!!

13. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info! Thank you so much for your help. :)

14. torelli1

torelli1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penthouse Suites at Mirage offer the "Suite Life" amenities (Airport Transportation, VIP-Check In, Complimentary Spa Access etc) that does not come with Tower Suites:
    http://www.mirage.com/suitelife/

15. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room77 says there are no 2 bedroom tower suites. They call all the 2bdr suites penthouses. I think its just a mistake on room 77. The penthouses are supposed to be located at the 2 highest floors, not the 5 highest. Right?

16. DaleU

DaleU Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NO,
    The top 5 floors are all Penthouse Suites, And have their own elevator to access them, You would need your room key inserted before you press the button for your floor, If your not in a penthouse suite you wont even be able to get to those floors.

17. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, if paying for a room, a tower suite at Mirage is one of June very best values on the strip nowadays.

18. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought top 1+2 are pent and top 3+4+5 are tower suites?

Room77 says top 5 mostly penthouses and under these its just rooms.

Check this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405368786.453047.jpg

19. duoglide

duoglide Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at booking a tower suite one bedroom. Can someone please shed some light on the view?

Is the view in all tower suite one bedrooms obscured by the Love banner or are some clear? If not, how is the view through the banner?

If I'm going to splurge I want to be able to see the strip clearly with all the lights.

20. stackfam

stackfam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can see out of those windows, duoglide. The LOVE banner is just an overlay, and you are able to see EVERYTHING just fine, even with the banner across those floors. In fact, we took a nice picture from our room OF the banner (2 bedroom tower suite with volcano view). At night, you don't even notice the overlay when viewing the volcano from above.

So book away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.