1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rate my plan - Cromwell Day Club

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by DonnyC, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I'm looking to cash in on your knowledge:

Never done a day club...reason, expensive!

However I will be staying at Flamingo and a number of years ago when they announced that there will be a rooftop day club I though, I've got to try that!

I'm still concerned about the price and probably don't have the cash to go all out. But the cover charge is reasonable and id be down to spend $100 (after cover) for each my brother and I - on drinks...so $240 total to do the day club. (I pay for all my brothers trip expenses - air, food and gambling as he otherwise wouldn't be able to go to Vegas).

PLAN A:
    Check out the day club on Tuesday July 22 around 1:00pm or 2:00pm.
    I don't keno what the lines will be like, but we could pregame with drinks to keep our bill low.

We will be moving from 1 night at the GN and then staying 4 nights at Flamingo.

PLAN B:
    Check out the day club on Wednesday morning. It opens at 10:00am, so we would have some drinks in the room, gamble a bit and head over to the day club - again pregamig with drinks.

Is the lineup going to be long right at opening? Should we wait until 11:00am?

ALSO:
    We are using the My Vegas reward for bottle service on Thursday night at Gold - just the 2 of us

It appears like you now have to make that reservation for 9:00pm. So with just the 2 of us using the reward it will take a few hours to finish the bottle.

We are thinking that we would go to the Cromwell NIGHT CLUB (not Drais) after we use our bottle service. Again this will allow us to pregame and thus not spend tons on drinks but check out the pool night club.

What type of line can we expect on a Thursday night around 11:00pm or midnight?

We will already be dressed appropriately (I believe) as we will dress up for Gold.

ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks!!

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

3. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The place just opened up. I would re-post this question in July to get a better feel for how things are running and get some better feedback from people who have been there IMO.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest calling now to reserve the bottle service. If you have already redeemed for the reward, there's no reason to wait until the last minute when they may not have availability.

5. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way will we pass out after 6 doubles each in the course of 2-3 hours!

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a chance! That's only 12-13 drinks (singles per person) or 6 doubles each...not that much!

good luck with that.

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I had never done that amount I might be worried...not that that amount is the usual, but it is definitely doable!!!

Plus there is no rush - if it takes 3 hours...so be it. That's only 2 doubles and hour! And moving to the next spot by midnight - Which will hopefully be the Cromwell nightclub.

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you do relized after drinking 12 drinks each your going to drias where you will probaly wait in line for an hour or 2 to get in if its a weekend after drinking a bootle . i just dont see you leaving the gold lounge atleast on your own 2 feet.

but hey good luck

9. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not stoked about the waiting to get in part...but it will be a Thursday night - which is their first night open during the week (as it looks like the pool nightclub is only open Thursday - Sunday.

The 12 drinks each really isn't a huge deal. it would be tough with beer because of feeling bloated...but 12 in hours or mixed? Easy. make them doubles...easier as you are consuming less sugary mix.

Come on...someone back me in this.

10. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two words...

Pace Yourself :thumbsup:

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes the pool nite club is open only thur -sunday. nobody know if thursday will be a big nite with yet as there new, rember you still 2 guys going to a club around midnight so you will to wait some how long is anybodies guess.

but im stil lbetting after a bottle you dont get far but god bless you if you do and if you make it drias make sure you dont smell of alchol or walk bad or they will not let you in, in other words dont be a sloppy drunk.just words of wisdom

yes pace your self or you will hate yourself in the morning or where ever u pass out:eek:

12. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got your back. It's all about individual tolerance. Paperposter is a pest

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    to give you an idea of drias cover charge

men 30$
    women 20$

and there selling an express pass for 100$ which means no waitng , i guess if this catches on you will see it pop up at other clubs, it takes the under the table handshake from the doormen away

14. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really believe that will be they key. If we look at it as a sprint...we're done, marathon = no problem!

15. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unlike everyone esle 2-3 hours of sharing a bottle.... You should be fine. You could get into Drai's only problem is leaving the hotel(s)!

16. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you mean 'leaving the hotels'?

17. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I am not concerned about the amount of alcohol - I have regularly done that (but after a 30 hour flight and no dinner it took a little while to recover:)), it is just the waiting in line at Drais that will be annoying. Unless, of course, you pick up some honeys at the Gold Lounge ...

18. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We fly in Monday afternoon and it's only a three hour flight.

Wednesday evening we are thinking about doing a buffet first.

19. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The website only shows $20.

It doesn't show a separate charge for men and women.

20. Brunell4070

Brunell4070 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed that amount of alcohol is absolutely doable, especially if you know your limits. Ignore Paperposter. Many in our group are ready to tackle an entire night / morning after that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.