1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VDARA blackout curtains? (panoramic suite)

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by -(J)-, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying a couple nights in the Panoramic Suite at Vdara.

With youtube, virtual tours and VMB I often know every inch of a room before even setting foot in it. The Panoramic suite looks great and I'm looking forward to trying Vdara. I have studied the room well but the only mystery I cant seem to solve is.. does the Panoramic Suite (or any other Vdara suite) have blackout curtains?? All I see is the thin sheet/sheer curtains! Sure they are cool since they all open/close automatically but they don't keep out that early morning sun! :nono:

I like my room to stay DARK when the sun comes up. For those who have stayed at Vdara (in the Panoramic Suite or not) what is your experience with blackout curtains and keeping the room super dark?

:beer:

2. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They all have blackout curtains, yes.

It's very dark with the blackout curtains....it's even darker when you blackout with the blackout curtains in use.

Enjoy!

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there's a span where two curtains meet in the middle, bring a few big binder clips in case they don't meet evenly or overlap.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea there is a sheer shade and a blackout shade that can come down. It's all electronic. I don't recall if there is actual curtains anywhere.

5. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my only complaint of these corner/pano suites, the gaps in the window coverings make it difficult to sleep late.

I think you can get the interior rooms/suites darker.

6. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone! Glad to hear there is some kind of blackout.

Great idea! :beer:

I had to do some weird shit with a tall ground lamp at Mandalay Bay keeping the curtains bunched up and pressed against the window. Eh!.. the clips would instantly solve this problem.

7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Vdara, when you fully close both sets of curtains (or even one) they do overlap a little so there's no need for clips. I'd bring them just in case but don't think you'll need them.

Annual Golf Trip
  8. anteatergoat

anteatergoat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't remember having an issue with the curtains in our executive corner suite (similar layout to a panoramic suite) last year. I'm not perfectly familiar with your panoramic's floor plan, but the bedroom portion of our suite faced north, with a door separating us from the living room where the windows faced east (primarily). Depending upon where your bed is situated and the view of your room, you may not need to worry about morning sun blasting you at 6am. Regardless, I'm sure the blackout shades will do their job.
    Vdara is a great hotel, enjoy! :beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.