1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo, HRH, Golf and a Hand Pay (13-19 May 2014)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by guapoxxx, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Here are some notes from my guy’s golf trip (pictures can be found in the below link). There were six of us in the group. It’s my first Trip Report, so hope it’s decent. If you have any questions, please ask!

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/album.php?albumid=245

Hotels:
    I stayed solo at Cosmo for 2 nights (13-15 May) in the West Tower, Room 6007. My comped room (no resort fee charged) was awesome and better than I anticipated! The bathroom was huge which included: a walk-in shower, Jacuzzi tub, closet toilet and duel sinks. The balcony views were amazing as well and hope the pictures in my album do justice. I’m looking forward to staying here again and have already been offered more free nights from now until September 2014.

From 15-19 May, the entire golf crew rolled in and we all stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel. I stayed in the HRH Tower in a Double Suite (Room 1-1019) with my best friend from college while everyone else stayed in the Paradise Tower in King Rooms. My suite had a large couch in the living room with one flat screen TV. In the bedroom, we had 2 queen beds with another flat screen TV. My suite was great and we enjoyed it a lot even though our view was of the parking garage. There were no more pool views available even with a $50 sandwich.

Rental Car:
    In early January, I booked a premium rental car via the TR Getaways deal through Dollar. The total cost for the weekly rental was only $107 total (prepaid). I received a Buick Lacrosse (brand new) and was totally happy with it.

Golf:
    On Thursday May 15th, we golfed at Angel Park using the $80 All-In Special which included greens fees, club rentals (Titleist AP2s) and 6 Titleist golf balls. Angel Park was in decent shape (except for the aerated greens) and we had a great time. Only issue with Angel Park was that it was backed up and the round was over 5 hours. Drink girl was on point and the bar/grille was excellent! They now have GPS units in their carts.

On Friday May 16th, we golfed at Las Vegas Paiute Wolf course. Greens fees were $89/person and rental club fees were $35 (Taylor Made Jet Speeds). LVP Wolf was in excellent shape but the course was backed up as well. We got lucky as the desert wind was non-existent so most of us shot lower scores. I am also happy to report that I birdied #15! Drink girls were on point, make mean drinks and like to joke around! Lunch in the clubhouse was excellent as well as the older gentleman that took good care of us.

On our last golfing day, Saturday May 17th, we golfed at Coyote Springs and the fees were $144 for the Visitor’s package which included greens fees, rental clubs (Ping G15s) and 6 golf balls. The course was awesome and I look forward to golfing there again. Drink girl was great! Lots of breath-taking holes that you can bomb the driver! I reached a lot of par 5s in 2 from the blues and I’m not that big of a hitter. Guess it was my day! They really need a snack bar/grille (we settled for pre-made sandwiches) and GPS units in their golf carts (or at least blue markers at 200 and candy canes at 150). Looking around for sprinkler heads for yardages gets old fast, especially in 102 degree heat. Overall, we should have brought our Sky Caddies or Laser Range Finders.

Food:
    Thursday May 15th—ate dinner at El Segundo Sol using a $50 Restaurant.com gift card. The meal and drinks were good. We had endless chips, beef enchiladas, combo fajitas and steak fajitas. If I had another gift card, I’d go back in a heartbeat. The Coronas and Cuervo shots were good too!

Friday May 16th—ate dinner at Delmonico’s. Michael was the head waiter and facilitated the evening very nicely. I ordered the Caesar salad to start, filet mignon (medium), twice baked potato and 2 bottles of wine for the table. All plates were cleaned and not a drop of wine was to be found! Delmonico’s is my favorite place and will return but thinking I’ll try another steakhouse next time.

Sunday May 18th—ate at HHAGG on Sahara Blvd. for breakfast. My scrambled eggs, bacon and French toast were good as usual! My buddies’ breakfasts were all good too and they want to return! For dinner we ate at Todd English PUB. We had these enormous burgers which hit the spot! I chased mine down with Carlsberg’s bottles but don’t remember what my buddies drank. The service was good and would definitely return for their food and extensive beer selections.

Gambling:

My bankroll was $2500 and played mostly Pai Gow Poker ($25/hand), Black Jack ($25/hand), Craps ($10 table) and Slots (various). I lost just over $500 at Cosmo, lost $300 at Bellagio, won $200 at Aria, lost $100 at Harrah’s, was about even at Hard Rock until I got my first ever hand pay on Monday morning 4am, 19 May (6 hours before I had to leave)!

Summary:
    My golf buddies and I had a great trip and we’re already planning for next year. Only recommendation I received was that next year’s hotel needs to be on the strip. We also need to avoid any crazy weekends that involve Tiger Jam or the Billboard Music Awards. Also, next year’s potential golf courses will be Rio Secco, Wolf Creek and either Coyote Springs or TPC Las Vegas.

Thanks,
    Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  2. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why do you get offers at Cosmo playing that small? Sorry, I'm a little bitter apparently

Thanks for sharing

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah... GO hand pay!!!!

4. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking the same thing.

5. Aaron5

Aaron5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good time all around.

I love Quick Hit! Over 4k for $1.50, can't do much better than that!

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read dozens of low rollers on here getting random two night stays there for no logical reason. I just assume he was one of the lucky ones. He did hit a 9 QH Jackpot, so yeah, luck's there. :evillaugh Unfortunately I didn't get enough grind with my $100 loss rebate to fall into that category. I just get free buffets with a stay. :rolleyes2: My g/f with about 10X more play gets no offers. None of it makes any sense to me.

Nice report and hit OP!

7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's cool but I can't figure out why I received a 2 night free offer from them either... I was actually booked at Harrah's 4 weeks out until I got the offer from Cosmo via email. I then called them and booked over the phone. I was booked in a basic room but lucked out with the room I was given. I don't even know what room it was but it was on the 60th floor (Room 6007). Further, they didn't even charge me a resort fee when I checked out in the room.

Annual Golf Trip
  8. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks smartone! Penny machines are great! The machine was near the bar by the HRH Tower... I'm sure you know where it is :beer:

Annual Golf Trip
  9. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Aaron5... $1.50 was full play and luckily I got the 9 quick hits... I remember Iron Maiden "Flight of Icarus" playing in the background... Couldn't believe when I actually hit it as I was ready to call it a night or morning :peace:

Annual Golf Trip
  10. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks tringlomane... I randomly received the free 2 night deal via email and I jumped at the chance when I received it. To make matters worse, the evening I returned home I received the same 2 night free deal from through 30 SEP 2014 via email... There is no logic to this...

Annual Golf Trip
  11. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report. I always enjoy the reviews of the restaurants folks have visited. We like to try new places. I was one of the lucky to get a cheap rate thru TR with Dollar. We are leaving for Vegas on Sunday. Did you have any trouble when you picked up your rental. I am a Dollar Express member but from the posts I understand with this rental you have to go to the counter. If you have time to respond I would appreciate it. Glad you all had a good time. Thanks.

12. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on that BEAUTIFUL Quickhits jackpot!

13. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks sam! I'm also a Dollar Express member but before my trip they wouldn't let me attach my account number with the TR rate so I had to go to the counter. However, when I checked in at the counter, the guy that helped me out was an avid golfer so we chit chatted and he was able to "magically" credit my TR rental on my Dollar Express account. I would definitely ask for them to do this and also decline all the upcharges and you'll be out the door in no time. Since I was driving a lot I opted to do the full tank of gas deal. I actually had to put in about $15 extra so it was all good! Enjoy your trip!

Annual Golf Trip
  14. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Blonde_4_ever! It's my favorite penny slot and was happy to hit the 9 QHs :thumbsup:

Luckily, the slots at Hard Rock were very nice to me!

Annual Golf Trip
  15. The Furry One

The Furry One Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR, grats on the handpay - very nice. Not a golfer myself at all so can I ask what I'm sure will be a dumb question if I may ... in picture #5 why are there different size golf balls? Is this like a handicap system or something??

Furry

16. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The large white "ball" you see is not a golf ball, it's a tee box marker which tells the golfer where s/he can tee the ball for the first shot on each hole (but not forward of it). The shape of the markers on this course is round and so it looks like a large golf ball in the pics as he is playing from the white tees (opposed to red, blue or black) which also indicates the distance of the course he has chosen to play. Yes, I'm a golf geek. :)

guapoxxx - You got some very good rates for all-inclusive golf, I'll have to look into that for my trip next week. What did you think of Paiute overall? It's on my list of possible places to play.

Congratulations on your handpay for Quickhit, that photo is a thing of beauty!

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  17. The Furry One

The Furry One Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks pinklime, guess I was right in it being a dumb question (surprise, surprise lol) and what you say makes perfect sense. Think I'll stick to VP. PGP and slots and leave the golfing to the experts lol.

Furry

18. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to look at the photo closely and a couple others to be sure, it wasn't a dumb question. I don't think I've ever seen tee markers like those before so I can understand why a nongolfer would think it was a ball. :)

19. The Furry One

The Furry One Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are too kind by half, it's ok ... I revel in my dumbnitudenessocity :)

Furry

20. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice TR. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you guys had a great time, esp. with the HANDPAY!! I will have to share this one with my husband, as he is an avid golfer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.