1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo Identity Tier Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Lastkaii, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Situation:

I am sterling right now. I plan on going to Vegas in August and making gold.

I will then be returning to vegas June 2015 to stay at the Cosmo. If I make gold in August does that mean that I can book my two complimentary nights for June 2015?

I just don't understand if there is a reset/when/how it rolls over etc.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Points expire 1 year after you earn them and roll off of your account accordingly.

3. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The whole thing is a joke and a mess.
    I'm platinum and half the time they
    Reprint me silver cards.

Unless bypassing the buffet line
    Is advantageous to you, don't
    Even give the whole tied bs
    Another thought.

One day they will get their act together.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're trying to make it better but it's a painful process. Even their employees aren't fully versed. I called to confirm my point total so I'd have an idea of what I need to retain Gold. They kept quoting me the number of points left on my card. I kept explaining to them that I cashed in some points for free play and that I had earned more than what was showing as points on my card. They finally figured it out and told me the amount of points I had which roughly lined up with what I recall cashing in combined with points accumulated due to room charges.

5. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found that emailing [email protected] was least painful way to inquire about points. They responded with an attached .docx which broke down Custom Rating Points, Slot Points, Table Gaming Points and so on.

Also agree with other posters that it isn't worth your time to try to get tier and MAINTAIN it at Cosmo really.

For OP, if you're going in August of 2014 and coming back in June 2015 than you'll have to earn 20k points in your August trip alone if you want to have gold upon your return. As far as your comp nights in the future you shouldn't having a problem booking that far in advanced at the end of August as their website even allows bookings 11 months in advance.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Is there a way you could send me or link me that docx file?

7. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The docx file is specific to my play and expenses. You have to email them with your identity number to get the docx report for your own personal play.

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh ok. I've emailed them before for info and never received a report like this. I'm drafting an email now to see if I can get a copy of this report for myself. The only info I know is what the host on duty told me I rated at when he comped a couple of things on the back end. Hopefully whomever is on duty of Identity is in a good mood today!

9. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've e-mailed that e-mail address twice and both times they were responded by a manager. Seems like this is the best method of communication to talk to someone who knows what's going on.

10. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience hasn't been very positive either. The hosts seem to have no idea whats going on either. The best is to contact Identity directly.

11. jrp227

jrp227 Formerly KingJasonSlots on YT :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a quick heads up that I was able to get the spreadsheet of my point and comp history by emailing that address. I found all of the information fascinating. I had about 16 trips since oct 2011 and my main takeaway is they very obviously screw up table sessions. There are sessions where I played in the last several months that had to have been omitted. I will never make the mistake of not asking for the rating moving forward.

12. AndyGator

AndyGator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Semi-related - did anyone figure out what the comped "companion nights" for Gold are?

13. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They sent me my 2013 win/loss statement. Is this what they sent? Mine was a PDF, not a spreadsheet. I'm wondering if they sent me the wrong thing.

14. jrp227

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine was an excel spreadsheet that showed each machine and table I played, including time since my first visit in 2011 with number of points earned, points redeemed, and points earned based on spend. It then gives a lifetime amount of points earned and your redemption history.

15. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did it show anything from 2014? That's the gaming action I'm most interested in seeing. I didn't give them much play in 2013 as I got a tier match up to gold.

16. StephGrahamKC

StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are rooms you can book at the same time as your personal 2 nights if you are traveling with another person or couple. If you are just with someone who is staying in your room, they can be your companion and then you can add those 2 nights after your 2 nights......so you would have a total of 4 nights just by being gold. If you have an offer, you can also back that reservation up as well. We did that for a July trip and are staying 6 nights.

17. jrp227

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, it was a complete history, including 2014.

18. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who do you talk to / what number do you call to make this type of reservation (combining an offer with the benefit of being gold)?

19. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My question regarding the new tiers: I've got some Marriott points which I doubt that I'll ever user. I can convert those to Identity points if I choose (5000 Marriott points = 2000 Identity points). Would those Identity points count toward my Gold Identity tier? Or is that only for money spent at Cosmo??

20. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I converted some Marriott points to Identity a couple months back and the converted points do not count towards the tier progression. Points earned via gambling and spending at Cosmo do count. There was confusion about it when I called Identity myself but I later emailed them and they stated it would not apply toward tier status.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.