1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D matchplay offers

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by VegasSchemer, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I haven't given the D any play (signed up for a card a couple years back just for the $5 free play before I really became a player), but still get $5 matchplay offers for almost every month via email it seems. So, when I'm in downtown, I often stop and use it (along with the $5 food credit they give me).

Anyway, I am considering giving them some play and was just curious if anyone gets better offers in their email for matchplays (A pit boss told me that regular offers come via email now). If you do, what matchplay valuation do you receive via email and what is your average play?

Info on quarterly offers is interesting but because I won't be making The D my "home base", I more interested in the monthly emails because those would always be available. Thanks!

2. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure about other others, I just play VP there a couple hours a trip when i'm staying downtown.

Just a word of warning about the match plays though - make sure you ask before sitting sitting down. I got in a ridiculous situation where I was okayed to use mine by the dealer and a pit person. They switched the dealer, she dealt out the cards, and in the middle of the hand she informed me that at the particular type of blackjack I was playing that match plays aren't valid. Really peeved me off because I had a 19 up against a shown 6. The game was paused until they decided that my bet was null and void, of course pissing off the rest of the players at the table. Really stupid to go through all that over a 5 buck match play...

3. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of trips ago, I used the $5 for every 50 points coupon from ACG. I played through about $5,000 coin in on the NSUD machines. Since then, I have been getting offers for 3 free nights, $50 freeplay, $25 food and $25 match play every month. That is a really solid comp for that level of play.

If you play exclusively table games, I have no idea what the comp offers would be.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get (2) $50 match play offers every month.

5. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you guys all getting these offers by email? I've received letters from them by email so I know they have my address but I have never received an offer by email. Every 2 months, I get an offer in the mail covering a 2 month period. Schemer, when did the pit boss tell you about these email offers? Is this something fairly recent?

Good warning aaisack, a similar thing happened to me last month trying using a $5 matchplay at BJ. After dealing the cards, the dealer told me I couldn't use the matchplay at her table because of the side bet game that was offered at that table (sorry, I can't remember what it was). I wasn't even playing the side bet and was a bit put off by the new and sudden rule so questioned her. She replied that I could use my matchplay at any other table at The D, just not her table. It left me feeling like she just didn't want to deal with it. It was only $5 though so I didn't push the issue (but did find it still in my pocket when I got home :grrr:)

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The match play offers that I received were all through the bi-monthly mailings. I believe that this is because of the need to "limit" the number of match plays that are used.

7. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get $25 matchplays through the mail bi-monthly as well

8. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the opposite I had. The dealer said that I couldn't use it on freebet blackjack, but the pit boss said no problem. It was a $10 table, so I had to play $10 plus the $5 match. Got a BJ, and they just paid me even money on the MP.
    Couldn't use it on UTH. Dealer said that it can only be used on bets that are even money. No odds. Guess that's why BJ is a hit and miss.Depends on the dealer/PB

- - - Updated - - -

That's the opposite I had. The dealer said that I couldn't use it on freebet blackjack, but the pit boss said no problem. It was a $10 table, so I had to play $10 plus the $5 match. Got a BJ, and they just paid me even money on the MP.
    Couldn't use it on UTH. Dealer said that it can only be used on bets that are even money. No odds. Guess that's why BJ is a hit and miss.Depends on the dealer/PB

9. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was that ACG or LVA?

10. vpwarrior

vpwarrior Tourist

Both the ACG and LVA have that coupon.

11. freez111

freez111 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was getting the the mailer every other month , they have stopped and now i get them via email.

Will they take these match play coupons printed from email???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.