1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

summer rates

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by tanswa1257, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanswa1257

tanswa1257 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hello members and thanks in advance to any reply. can anyone advise me please on when the rates for Aug.will go down for HET properties. I have not been to Vegas in five years due to health reason so therefore I lost my diamond status no comps no emails nothing from total rewards so I am starting from the bottom. We did apply for the visa but I am sure that will not help with any mail offers. Any advice thanks

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless they run a special...not sure the rates will change... ?? Do you check the CET web page regularly? Even without any play I got a friend who did have a TR card, 6 nites at Bally's during MM for a total of $200 which she thought was fantastic. This was by going thru the "reservations" tab on the CET web site. Are you possibly playing the MyVegas games to get points to possibly use for free rooms or food....that could help out. Good luck!!!

3. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being a previous Diamond status member if you are still planning on playing at the level maybe your room could be comped at the end of your stay??? I know, I don't like to "plan" on something like that but it is a possibility with that level of play. Have you put your TR number in the CET website and looked at room rates with it? Do you still have your number? I would call CET and try to get it before applying for a new one. While your offers may not be there, they may still hook you up with a room.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may be best to find a room rate and book it with the hotel themselves (make sure that it is refundable) and watch the rates and specials. Since it is CET, I would NOT book and include my Total Rewards number on the reservation since they will not even allow you to look at room rates is you've already booked those nights with them.

I do this with all of my Vegas reservations and almost always find a better rate and rebook later on.

5. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tanswa

Never chased comps as I may bet, at most, $2,000, over a 3 night trip out to Vegas but I've always been happy with email offers sent to me. How I got on the email lists, who knows--airline, hotel, etc -- but I get probably 1 a week. For example, the Mirage has an offer code MIRHDT1E that is about to expire, the Bellagio BBPM14 which is 20% off of rates. I think most hotels have some type of guestbook to electronically sign and if you do that, you'll get a 20% off or better rate emailed to you weekly.

6. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We hadn't been in 5 years, were only ever Gold and got comped 5 nights for our trip from which we just returned.

I echo the advice of someone else, have you logged into your TR account and checked for rooms?

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now is probably a good time to book August...

Honestly. I think things are just picking up.. I've been looking around to go sometime in the next few months, not a whole lot of rock bottom deals anywhere that I have seen lately.

Looking at the monthly calendar, last week of August seems to be the best deal if you are flexible. If you lost your status, you probably gotta suck it up and pay this time, like said above maybe they can comp you at the end.

8. tanswa1257

tanswa1257 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have checked my tr account everyday no offers no comps. My sister wants to stay at PO but I have seen so many negative comments. I would like to stay at HET properties cause with the TR card we just got my status says P instead of Gold . I will be going from 8-24-8-29 . I do feel I may have to suck it up but I do like a nice room and I do not see that at PO maybe Paris but the red room is running very high might as well stay at the five star hotels for the price

9. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking for rooms at a similar time - 8/20 to 26.

Some of the room prices are undoubtedly expensive across the TR family. Not sure why.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The credit card will not trigger any better rates for you. That is based on play and play alone. I would suggest checking into whether there is a convention at one of the TR properties affecting their quotes. All I can conjecture now is that is the last window for family vacations for many people and that may be driving things up.

11. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are spot on with the timing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.