1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Palace Station, any advice?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by allmine1958, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sons are staying there for a bachelor party. Anyone stay there recently?

2. dukeofdarby

dukeofdarby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the newer tower rooms are much nicer then the older 2-story motel like rooms-----worth the extra dollars-----

3. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto. The tower rooms are the only way to go

Annual me and Pete
  4. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed there in March with youngest son 25 yrs., he liked it. It is away from strip, but they have a shuttle to strip. But it does not run very late.

5. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a tower room in jan and staying again next week. The room surprised me some because it was big, quiet and really clean and comfortable. I was somewhat shocked how nice it was. PS is off the strip of course but with a car you're just a few minutes from downtown or most anywhere on the strip coming off Sahara. I like its location tho you have to have a car, and the parking garage to my room only takes a cpl minutes unlike most strip hotels. The restaurants are ok, nothing to special or nothing to bad either. Plus comps are really easy to get also. This will only be my 2nd stay next week but I'm pretty sure I'll be back again .

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be aware that while room rates might seem low, the resort fee jacks up the nightly rates.

Comps might be easy to get for some, but you have to gamble to get comps. I spoke with a host years ago and explained my gambling amounts. Host said that he couldn't comp me because I didn't put in enough play to warrant comped rooms.

7. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell them not to stay in the motel style rooms they have there, or to eat the buffet.I stayed there 3-4 years ago. If they miss the shuttle they can take the Sahara Express bus to or from the strip - it stops near Palace Station and by the strip.

8. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never stayed there but I try to stop by every trip to hit the oyster bar. If they like seafood/oysters, tell them the Oyster Bar is a must... its worth waiting in line and the prices aren't bad

9. KCSCOTT

KCSCOTT Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The buffet is ok not great but it is dirt cheap and does have a pasta station. Don't play bingo there ..the half is small and there are better halls out there.bif u want to rack up mountains of points play the horses. .at any Station

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell them if OJ shows up at the door, don't let him in. :eek:

11. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breanna :nworthy: too funny

12. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been there in probably five years but if they have a rental car the intersections off 15, on to West Sahara, El Rancho, and turning in to the hotel were tricky.

Somehow I ended up getting back on the 15 instead of the hotel turn.....it's a congested area that moves pretty fast. Of course that could be me, I am from a small town ( and kind of old) D'OH.

Loved the hotel last time I stayed........definitely go for tower, plus the tower elevators are those cool glass kind, or pool facing "garden" room. Anything that is not facing 15. I think that the Palace Stations claim to fame at some point in time was it was the biggest neon sign in the world ?

13. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did the B party go, were your sons satisfied?

14. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Actually, being a Station property, this buffet is not too bad. It used to be bad, but they did a refurbishing about 2-3 year ago and the food is much better.
    As another poster mentioned, it does have a decent pasta station.
    For young guys on bachelor trip, this buffet would be ideal to get the booze out of their pores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.