1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Having kids...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by sporty8705, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am just curious, as to if you had kids and how many kids you had..

I have just one, and I want another, lol. But then I look at all my friends who have 3, 4, 5 kids and I think a part of me misses that I only have one right now. However, when I look at the ones who do have the 4, 5 kids I see that they don't do nearly the amount of fun things I do. I go to Disneyland a few times a month, I go to Vegas at least twice a year..

Just felt like saying that. I grew up with 4 siblings so I am a part of a big family, and it isn't that I cannot afford another child, but rather I would need to find a sperm donor for that lol. After my sons father did what he did to me, it will take an amazing man to undo what he did. I get that not all men are the same but "trying" for a child for 5 years and then getting pregnant and telling me I should abort it and not being there at all during the pregnancy or the sleepless nights and siding with and listening to what his parents wanted over what i wanted for our son, makes me have trust issues..

Rant over :nworthy:

2. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:

I never wanted kids...ever, until I met my husband and we just had our first baby-a daughter a week ago. I had a horrible labour, but I'd do it all over again. I can't imagine how my life was without her now. I think our max is two, although we have both decided that in 3-4 years we will see where we stand on a second child.

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first marriage I had 3- 2 boys and a girl, and now with the woman I am marrying next week our son just turned 3 months old. I am done.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have "fur kids" because Child Protection Services won't throw me in jail for leaving them at home, locked in a crate. :)

5. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. I wanted to be able to afford her and not have to limit things due to finances.

However she said she is very lonely (no more kids for me!). Said she worries about when I die and she has no one left. (small family, few relatives).

6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    0 kids here and I hope it stays that way. I couldn't image life with a kid, it looks waaaaay to stressful. I like my money, freedom, and most importantly my stress feel life.

7. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    27 years old and no kids right now. I'm not against having a kid at some point, but I'm not going to lose any sleep if it doesn't happen.

8. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two "kids" ... daughter, 41 , and a son 39. :)

And two grandkids, 8 and 10 , which we spoil as often as we can. :evillaugh

9. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 1, he is 15. I had a tubal pregnancy when he was 6 that ruined my chances on having another one and a miscarriage before him. He desperately wanted a sibling though, very very much so. My husband likes not having babies so even if i could he doesn't want any kids (not my sons father). My son was 8 when i met him so was way past the baby stage and he did not wanna go back. We now have freedom.

10. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having kids & marriage---the 2 biggest scams ever perpetrated on unsuspecting society.

The funniest thing is watching the effect on the marriage when buddies have that first....second.....third kid.

By the 3rd kid you have basically sold yourself into lifelong servitude and unimaginable financial expense.

I enjoy it though!:evillaugh

11. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

It took my wife and I a couple years to conceive our first. We now have three...two girls and a boy! The oldest is 6 and I used to take her to Disneyland all the time when she was in preschool and before the third one was born. Sometimes I wish I had no children, sometimes I wish we only had one and sometimes I am happy we have all three....lol.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  12. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have no kids and don't plan on having any, which is why we can go to Vegas or AC whenever we feel like it. It seems like a fair trade-off. LOL!

13. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got 2 boys 6 & 4 , who fight , lie, pick their noses/bums, break everything they touch, eat everything in the house and think I am their personal slave , I love them with all my heart and could not imagine life without them

however

the youngest starts school this summer, we get a full nights sleep (mostly) , they can be left alone at the playpark about 50 yards from our house and I have not changed a nappy for a couple of years now (the next nappy I may well be involved with will probably be my own) and most importantly their grandparents will look after them to allow us to go to Vegas for a few days :beer:

no more for us

14. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    got three - none of them planned.

now aged between 26 and 11 (going on 30 !)

you want another kid - on somedays I'd be happy to give you all three of mine!!!

as for the buddys thing - going out with mine was hit firmly on the head when I moved continents!!

still got a few left - we now all have kids and meet up in vegas (without the kids!!).

life could have been so much different - but I wouldn't change how it has been...

15. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friends of mine got married just over ten years ago - both on their second marriage. Idiots should have just done it when they knew each other in their teens.. anyway...

between them they had 4 kids - and only a small 3 bed house in the UK.
    however they always had other peoples kids around - it was the place to be. kids friends staying over from 1 night to 6 weeks!!

when ever we visited we just bunked downever. I have no idea quite how they managed it but they have turned out the nicest bunch of kids you could wish to meet. As for fun - it was always fun there.. that's why people dropped in all the time. yet all of the kids and their friends had nothing but respect for my friends. they didn't do Disney or fancy holidays but nobody thinks that they missed out on anything. more kids doesn't have to mean less fun.

We had them all over to stay in the states once. 4 adults and 7 kids in the house for 2 weeks. was one of the best vacations we had (we spent a week at our house and I rented a big place on cape cod for a week). it was the most excellent mayhem ever!!

16. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sindustry wrote: "It took my wife and I to conceive our first."

Not a novel method, friend, but a good one!

No kids, no desire to have kids, our furry dependent is an oldie but Goldie that has the run of the house. I do feel for others who want kids and can't have them. It's heartbreaking.

17. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Lol...just noticed that...sentence corrected.

18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three daughters and a son... they keep our house "alive" with joy and laughter!

19. SW

SW Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two sons and a daughter. In our first year as empty-nesters. Our daughter,our youngest, will be moving back next week for the summer after she finishes her college freshman year.

20. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kinda where we are, 'cept no furry ones. Would love some pups but just feel at this stage it would be unfair to have to leave them as often as we would.

Our best friends had a Catholic "oops" kid in their 40s. They've been great parents and certainly don't regret how fundamentally it changed their anticipated life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.