1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Double Booking for a Couple

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Julie888, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband has booked five days at Caesars and has FP. We'll be starting there. This was booked through a Sales Rep.

I booked an offer at the Flamingo for two days during the same time period to get my FP on a different offer. I don't feel bad about this. I'm mid level Diamond so feel I've earned the offer.

Our cards are associated. So my question is whether I should leave my name off the Caesars room.

When I do check into Flamingo, should I request a basic room? I intend to do most of my play on his players card.

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do not feel bad.

Pull your card off his room at Caesars if it is not needed for the comp. if you are going to play on his card, do not expose your own card to being on a 5 night trip.

Check into the flamingo, take your free play, and check out the same day. Who cares what type of room you are in, there is no point in even going up to the room there.

3. Amn1410

Amn1410 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would get a basic room, so another person or group might get the privilege of being upgraded

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree. Do NOT use both cards on the other deal.

Not sure what the benefit is to having your cards "associated" is, but I would suggest against it.

Also, depending on your level of play, getting the freeplay can hurt future offers. Low play will lower ADT and offers will drop.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've done back to back (we are not married or otherwise card-associated) at Flamingo and Caesars with no trouble at all. The desk people have always worked it out so we just check in once and check out once. We just explain what's going on and they always act like they have seen it all before and is no big deal.

6. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "association" thing wasn't our idea, CET did that by themselves and doesn't remove it.

I'm not worried about the low FP. Last years mid level Diamond wasn't getting me anything much, basically $40 - $100 in FP for the whole year. I don't have a local CET so this level wasn't from nickel and diming my way there.

My husband's offers are better so we pretty much always stay on his card. Sometimes I qualify for a good room but it wouldn't be without this 'association'.

We've decided it's better to have one higher player. At the end of the year I switched all my play to his card to take him over the Seven Star. It was easy and we should have done it sooner. This year, we won't go much so won't push for that. I'll get minimal Diamond and be satisfied.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Offers are based on theo, not on level.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the life of me, I can NEVER figure out the logic to the various CET (or Ameristar) offers!

About the only thing that makes sense is that they are very generous with rooms both right before the holidays and in the very hot summer months, which are obviously slower times.

They used to send out small but valuable and appreciated free play coupons for the local Horseshoe but those have been few and far between lately. There seems to be no pattern at all on the various player rates at their LV hotels lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.