1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First of nine 2014 Fremont Street Experience Summer Concerts Announced!!!

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Viva Las Vegas, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Summerland Tour 2014 was announced today, including a July 18 date at Fremont Street Experience. Summerland Tour features Everclear, Soul Asylum, Eve 6 and Spacehog. This is the first concert to be announced of the Rock Of Vegas free summer concert series at Fremont Street Experience. Expect nine concerts beginning May 18 and continuing through Labor Day Weekend.

Friday July 18 - Summerland Tour

[​IMG]

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it looks like we'll miss all of them. Our April trip will be too early, and our September 10th trip will be too late. :cry:

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So no concerts DT prior to 18 May? or just this series.....thanks

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything July 21-25? Can't pull up the website on my phone

5. Viva Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are free concerts every weekend. REO Speedwagon played to over 12,000 last weekend. An Irish Band is playing this weekend.

The Summer Concert Series features several bands which at one time were national bands with a large following during their era, with cover bands playing other lists from said era, all free on Fremont Street.

Widely known acts from prior years include:

2009 = Summer of '69: Guess Who, Blood Sweat & Tears, Jefferson Starship, The 5th Dimension, Canned Heat and Three Dog Night.

2010 = '70s Summer of Fun: Blue Oyster Cult, Little River Band, Jefferson Starship.

2011 = Absolutely 1980s: Colin Hay (Men @ Work), ABC, Loverboy, Howard Jones, Berlin, Naked Eyes, Wang Chung.

2012 = Rock of Ages: Vince Neil (Motley Crue), Dennis DeYoung (Styx), Night Ranger, Asia, Warrant, Survivor, Skid Row, Bret Michaels of Poison and Dee Snider of Twisted Sister.

2013 = Rock of Vegas: Everclear, Puddle of Mudd, Live, Third Eye Blind, Sponge, Eve 6, Fuel.

2014 = ???: Soul Asylum, Everclear, Eve 6, Spacehog, ???.

This was the only date announced. Wasn't able to find the theme for this year either.

6. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love everclear. I really wish I could be in town then.

7. Lolli

Lolli Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if they have or when they will be announcing the rest of the lineup for the 2014 summer concert series? I would think it would be soon if not already but Im not finding anything yet.

8. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in the 80's, I was the drum roadie for a local band and the bass player is now in Everclear I believe...Fred something or another I think (the 80's were hazy for me)

9. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope the Theme is late 90s Alternative.

I'll forsee the: Chumbawumba, Semisonic, Len, Harvey Danger show.

Or Maybe they'll be a Tonic, Lit, Fastball and Eeels show?

So fans of this music are most likely mid 30's to late 40's. Not sure if FSE does target marketing to figure what the ideal downtown client is but this is a good way to get some of the strip clientele downtown for the first time.

10. Viva Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I check once a week, but still have found no other updates. They should come up with the full list in 2-3 weeks (same time frame as in past years) after they have secured all acts to sign the dotted line.

Should be another 90s theme. Wonder if they will return to the 60s next year (or in a year/two) or will stick with 80s/90s (are there any 00s bands - all I recall are auto-tune screeches backed by synthesized noise)?

11. Lolli

Lolli Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait a couple weeks and check again. Im more of a 70's and 80's girl but anything goes good with a beer on Fremont Street.

12. sppollock

sppollock Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After seeing that line up it makes me want to take my vacation early...

13. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw that tour a few years ago with Everclear and Eve 6 (and then it was Sugar Ray) and it was not good.. at all. Maybe it's just me, but we walked out during Everclear.

14. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it has been May the last couple of years before they announced the full line up. I know it was so late that my summer schedule had already been planned. Crazy that they do not announce earlier, so people can make plans, buy airfare and hotel, etc. Fremont Experience does not even have an up to date event schedule on their facebook page anymore. I would fire their media person.

***I just looked it up, and a couple of bands were announced April 17th last year, with the full schedule coming out May 7th.

15. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everclear has had a rotating lineup for the last several years. They're really not Everclear anymore. It's mostly just the lead guy, Art, and his supporting cast.

I saw the Sugar Ray show when it came to town (we were out of town last year when the tour came through so I missed it). The only complaint I had about the show was they were trying to play in a larger venue and everyone was confined to seats. There was no pit area and everything just seemed so sterilized. You lose a lot of energy in the bigger venues. I remember seeing Everclear in small clubs before they got big. Those were some fun fun shows.

17. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to see them also!!!!

18. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in town May18th but who the hell is Marianas trench?!?!? Have to google them....

19. Viva Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in town for 3 Doors Down, and will try to check them out. I haven't heard of the other named acts beyond Everclear / Soul Asylum / Eve 6.

I like the fact you can check the show out for a bit, but are not committed based on time or cost (vs. going to an isolated location and paying).

I do concur the bands are not as well known as in prior years.

20. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Everclear last year and I agree... I walked out about half way through as well. They were terrible live.

On the other hand, Sponge, Filter and LIVE were all pretty damn good. :peace:

Halloween - spooky big wins incoming
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.