1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Bar Concept for the Strip

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by WHIVGOYTUBE, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read on another thread Jon Taffer has identified a missing link in the Vegas Market.

Jon calls it a BLACK HOLE in the Vegas Strip, and is investing money to open up a place soon.

Think what you want of Jon and Bar Rescue, but his Marketing concepts, in every Bar Rescue Episole makes sense.

So if Jon is going co hoots with either MLIFE or CET, plus ponying up some his own money out of his wallet..

Yea, Jon in on to something.

He said the Double Barrel in front of the MC is the first attempt in this concept. (sorry Jon, they beat you to it).

I like the idea of walking the strip, AND, going to into Bar / Club, but not the BIG MONEY GUZZELNG NIGHT CLUB inside a RESORT Property.

Just walking the strip, hearing some live music, and saying.. WTF, that's cool. Just walk in.. RIGHT ON THE STRIP.

Excellent Concept or not? :wave:

What is you take? :poke:

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there was a article that most of his bar rescues where failures. ive watched show and i know some of the same people he knows and who work with him .
    but i belive the report was 3 succes from the show others either closed or changed back to there old name and concept.it is a tv after all.

i think the reason dueling piano does so well at harrahs and carnival cort is becuase of the foot traffic.people see people have good laid back time.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not surprising that the failures have a common thread... the idiot operators in the first place. Giving idiots, new booths, signage, etc. makes for good TV, but not surprising the failure continues. The concepts he comes up with, for the most part, and the reasoning behind them usually make sense to me. I think if he installed his own management team in these places, you'd see a very different success rate.

4. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is sad to hear, makes me think about the Pirates Episode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back to the question of the OP... Please...

Do not Hijack this thread. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bars that are Walk-Ins, right on the Strip, like Restaurants... such as Caesars Serendipity.

But it is a Club/Bar, right on the Strip, no need to walk all the way in, for example, to get to Cleopatra's Barge inside Caesars..

That's a haul....... From the Strip.

Soooo back to the concept, Strip Walk In Bars/Clubs? :drunk:

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, unless the drinks are reasonably prices I really don't care what is the theme because I won't go in.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YEP!!!!!

7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To me it's a good idea.

Personally I don't even need a place to hang out. I enjoy walking the strip and just like to have a cold one which is why I would stop at the Rock Bar or whatever was in front of Imperial Palace that had the beer girls out front, Carnival Court or even Margaritaville.

My assumption is Twin Peaks may join that list. Guess I'll see in a few weeks.

8. Persistent Cat

Persistent Cat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a Bar Rescue updates page that lists how the bars are doing. The ones that are still open far outnumber the ones that closed. I think he does the best he can but some owners are idiots who are more focused on a stupid name than on smart management and if you're already losing $10,000 a month, what is a 20% sales increase really going to do for you?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  9. Persistent Cat

Persistent Cat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I care somewhat about the theme. There's a bar on the strip (no name mentioned) that I'd rather shoot myself than go in because of its theme/music, even if I was offered free drinks. But if the theme was all kittens and they played only Springsteen but a good glass of wine was $40, I wouldn't do that either.

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually out of the 52 bars featured on the show so far only 7 have closed. And 7 others changed their name back but kept new "theme" and are still in business. Considering all 52 were hemorrhaging big money and would have had to close down I'd say 45 out of 52 still in business is great. There's only so much Taffer can do, you can't fix stupid.

11. BlackEight88

BlackEight88 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bar owners love to get on Bar Rescue. They pump a good amount of money into your business, then in a few months you can milk that investment right out, go crazy, close, whatever.

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW!!! Where is that place?! That needs to go on my list of places to see for sure!

13. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taffer was on the local Las Vegas Ralston Reports program tonight talking about this... he's convinced the days of the megas-clubs featuring DJs will be less and less popular in the coming years and giving way to these more intimate walk-in bars with a return of live music. He said he'll be announcing a couple partnerships and venues in the next few weeks.

14. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

as long as there will be 21 to 28 year olds there will be niteclubs.

there will always be dive bare and concert venues.

i belive in a few years the overpriced dj we be gone but that wont change the niteclub bussiness,infact drias is refuusing to book mega djs , they wants the club to be the star, good for him.

i think theres enough for all.

the truth is bottle service killed the niteclub industry years ago:poke:

the problem with tafers of idea of live music is theres an oversaturation of live music venues in vegas and most are free and there empty.it wont work.i just had this talk with 2 venues the other day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.