1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Redeeming rewards (i'm an idiot)

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by sporty8705, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I guess I thought I knew the proper rewards redemption stuff, guess not. I knew you could buy 3 rewards every 30 days, but I guess I didnt pay attention to how many I could actually redeem in 30 days. I had booked 3 myVegas MGM rooms, but cancelled one because I didnt need it, and I had the monorail, the Monte Carlo Buffet, the MGM buffet and the Mandalay Bay buffet and then in Vegas I had to buy a MGM dinner buffet as the MGM screwed up, gave us 2 free buffets, but we were a party of 4, so my mom and I had to get the dinner MGM buffet. The lady said something like we were over the 3 redemptions, but she was going to over-ride it for us. Then yesterday we went to Mandalay Bay and they said the same, but without asking, they also over-rode it. I now have to return the Monte Carlo buffet and the Sugar Factory which were not redeemed.. just beware, unless I am the only one who didnt bother to pay attention. :nono:

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can purchase as many rewards as you want if you have the chips. However you can only redeem 3 per 30 day period, under most circumstances.
    Also I believe you can still do the Sugar Factory reward, as that does not count towards the MGM related limits.

Anniversary Trip
  3. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in my bright, not thinking right bought the BOGO pound of candy from Sugar factory and thought oh wow I can do this and use my TR points.. grrrrrrr..

well now i know that attractions, room and foods ALL count together.. oops haha

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish they would spell out the rules clearer. Like something should pop up when you hit "rewards" or spell it out in clearer language on the actual rewards. I feel like it does take a little research to figure it out.

5. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know right.. lol i knew the buying rule, but not the redeeming rule. I mean if i start buying now for my june trip, then i can get 9 rewards and only use 3 of them, unless some of my rewards are monorail, or sugar factory... ? i just dont like that know that I know that

6. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right from the myVEGAS Help Center, hope this helps:

"How many myVEGAS rewards can I redeem?"

"One of the best things about myVEGAS - in addition to the great games - is the opportunity to redeem your Loyalty Points for real-world rewards. Each Reward Partner determines the number and frequency of offers you can redeem. Currently, a majority of our Rewards are provided by MGM Resorts International and their policy is to allow 3 rewards to be redeemed within a 30-day period. This is a great way to pick up a few extra Comps each time you visit their properties. For purposes of this reward policy, the date "redeemed" is the date you actually "use" the reward - the day you check in to the hotel, have your meal, and/or see your show. We also offer rewards from Wolfgang Puck, House of Blues, and Sugar Factory, and will be adding additional Reward Partners in the near future."

7. jtdl

jtdl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Now I am confused. I purchased two room rewards and made reservations with them for May. We have decided to stay at a different hotel. It was my impression that when I made the reservation the reward was "redeemed" but by this wording it says that it is redeemed the day you check into the hotel. Anyone know for sure?

8. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it is exactly what it says, they also tell you the rewards are non refundable/non cancellable but i do believe you can cancel and just forfeit the points.

9. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going to forfeit the points and use other rewards instead, I would definitely cancel ahead of time to be sure. You wouldn't want a hassle because the system was confused about your amount of rewards redeemed since your reservations are in the computer.

BTW, I was able to move my reservation for Mirage from May to August so I could use a comp for Cosmo in May. So, instead of canceling and losing the points, maybe there is a date on the calendar you could move them to instead. Just a thought.

10. 9wishes

9wishes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've cancelled reservations before with mixed results on getting points back. Not supposed to according to terms. One I just didn't show up for. I should have cancelled the reservation, but I forgot. Nothing happened (like to my credit card). Lost the points, but not really concerned. Seem to get enough each trip for what I can use.

However, I'm thinking changing the dates is the way to go. Wasn't sure they'd do that. They really do seem to be pretty accommodating when I've dealt with them.

It does not count against your 3 in 30 days until you actually check in.

11. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the lady mentioned that we had used 2 rooms ( I had a 3rd, but cancelled it and forfeited the points) and then we used the MGM buffet and then another MGM and Mandalay Bay and they started saying something at the dinner MGM buffet, so I guess even though you booked 2 months in advance like we did it didnt count til check in.. oh well, lesson learned and now I know

12. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all
    Are the rules changed again on myvegas redemption?
    Someone told me the following:
    I can use 6!!! Rewards( cause stupid me bought several times chips)
    Further more these 6 are only for mgm properties( so a wolfgang puck reward i can redeem extra-> up to 3)
    I was also told that i have to redeem my reward before i leave the netherlands? ( thats no problem as i have to choose and print it out before i go on vacation)

One discrapendency i found out while trying, the belaggio buffet it says 90 days , if you go further it all of a sudden changes into 30
    Any rewards you guys really liked?

13. 9wishes

9wishes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get 4 awards. Don't know why. Always have.

One of my favorites is the crepes from the place in Aria. I am now hooked on them after using myvegas comp to try them. Mixed berry my favorite. Also liked the all day buffet pass from Luxor/Excalibur. Food isn't best in town, but I didn't have too much trouble finding stuff I liked (only went to Luxor). I don't eat a lot at one time, so a small meal or snack now and then, coffee and a dessert, etc., worked for me. Once you get your wrist band, you just go through the VIP line. Of course, my all time favorite was a night at Aria. Again, it has become my winter trip strip hotel because of that free night experience. The myvegas concept seems to be working on me.

I notice they ask location when pulling up rewards, so maybe that has something to do with what and how the awards are offered to you. I think the 30 day and 90 day terms cause some confusion. If I don't understand a term, I just shoot them an email for clarification. They answer fast and are very nice. Same on the phone in my experience.

14. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use 3 rewards per 30 day cycle. For most of us it means 3 rewards per visit to Vegas. Clock starts when you claim the first reward. A selecet few people who have bought chips through the game have been given a 4th reward. No one knows exactly how to get this.

90 days is how long you have to redeem the reward once you have claimed it from the game. Prevents people from hoarding certain rewards and ensures you have to visit the property to use it in a timely manner. Old timers of the game all say the cost of the rewards keeps rising so it makes sense to keep the reward value current.

15. 9wishes

9wishes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And then there's he 30 days you get to use some rewards like buffets once you've redeemed them. It's not rocket science. Just have to take the time to read everything.

16. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost every reward is to be used within 24 hours from when it is loaded on your card. The exceptions are rooms and shows. It has been this way since at least last October.

17. 9wishes

9wishes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I got one, it was before they loaded them on your card and I was told I had thirty days. I did not make that up! But good to know.

18. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I know you didn't. I think all the paper rewards were 30 days. They started loading them onto Mlife cards and enforcing the 24 hour period last summer.

19. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But that's 24 hours from when they're loaded at each respective property, right? For instance, I have buffet passes to Bellagio and Monte Carlo. I could go on Tuesday and load my Bellagio reward and then go on Wednesday and load and use my Monte Carlo reward, right?

20. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you can do that, I was told each time I loaded something I had 48 hours to use it..

but i learned my lesson and I think I had 4 rewards, 3 were rooms, then i did use an MGM w/o a problem, the last 2 were flagged like i said but they did override them..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.