1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are you anxious on the flight to Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to be like a kid at Christmas when I arrive...but before then, when I am waiting in the airport, or in the flight to Vegas...I am as cool as a cucumber. I am super at ease. I am also relaxed and happy when we land. BUT Then I become the energizer bunny and go nuts when I hit my hotel.

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to simply replay "No," but there weren't enough characters!

3. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to Vegas tomorrow. I'm anxious RIGHT NOW. But tomorrow morning at the airport and on the flight I won't be. I'll mostly be tired and uncomfortable...

4. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Yes, but not because I'm going to Vegas. I just want off that damn plane so I can stretch and move around freely without worrying about bumping into someone. That 4 1/2 flight has started to kill me, especially the last hour. However, I'm somewhat soothed when I see the Rockies as I know we're getting close.

5. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am soooooooooooo anxious before, especially the few days before. I just want to get there, have a hard time sleeping the night before. Once I hit the airport, i get mad, haha and just wanna get on that flight, and then once we are on the plane i am cool, til we land lol i have an hour long flight, but once we land i just want off, people then ya have the people who take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to get off the flight or the people who decide that even though they are wayyyyyyyyy in the back of the plane decide they are more important and cut me in getting off the plane..

6. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I HATE when my flight to Vegas is late. The last time I went there, that damned scoreboard thingie at BWI, the one that shows all the departing flights, had EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT TO EVERY SINGLE DESTINATION as being on time, and mine was two hours late. Instead of getting there at my preferred 2 pm time, which allows for fast and easy check in, I arrived when lines were much longer in the late afternoon. I've also felt anxious when we're backing up from the gate, and I'm thinking, come on, come on...let us be first to take off and not like 17th.

7. justmartin9

justmartin9 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually get anxious until the plane takes off. Once I can sit down and just relax, I'm good.

8. RWDPeanut

RWDPeanut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am relaxed as can be on the way to Vegas.

It's the flight home that is the worst. Once the vacation ends I just want to be home, the almost 4 hours back to Chicago is terrible. I am anxious because I am overtired, my stomach hurts, my body clock is all off, and it's depressing as hell to leave. I dread the 4 hour flight + Losing 2 hours + getting my luggage + getting back to my car + driving home from the airport -- what a waste of a entire day.

9. booshie73

booshie73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am nervous until the plane takes off. Once I hear the landing gear go up I feel a huge sense of relief.
    I went years without having any problems with flights but the last 5 years I have had some real nightmares.

10. 4Eyes

4Eyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OT: Sco, I don't mind your questions, but I'm curious: Are you an employee of this site, or perhaps do you receive a gratuity for positing questions to generate web traffic?

11. Persistent Cat

Persistent Cat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate flying so I'm anxious, regardless of where I'm going.

I remember our first trip to Vegas. We were landing at McCarran at about 10pm. My husband and I are both night owls and I was beat. I was exhausted and thinking, "how do I break the news to my husband that I need to sleep?" Then we landed and could see the Strip from the plane. That woke me up a bit, then we got in the cab (long wait) and the lights got me going. Everything was flashing and bright. Our hotel room wasn't ready (10pm) so Bally's put us in a suite for the night. It was gorgeous.

Long story short, we were out until 4am.

12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

:confused2: :evillaugh

13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you should mention that because sometimes I have a sense of apprehension when I first start my vacation. Not only to vegas, I felt the same way when I went to Europe last year or even to DC prior to going to Europe. Like something was going to happen, or I forgot something or something else. I usually have a check list so am very prepared but sometimes I forget something, then get angry that I didn't put it on my check list. Once I forgot my jacket, the flight from Honolulu was freezing and so I caught a cold on the way.

Not sure why the apprehension since I'm usually amped up for weeks (months?) checking out the net for information on my trip (esp my European trip). I'm like that right now, I'm going to vegas (and San Fran) in June but I keep looking prices for flights, car and hotel daily.

It was a little weird, last year when I started my DC/European trip I felt claustrophobic and had a pang that I wanted to get off the plane. It was just for a millisecond and it went away right after but it was strange to feel apprehension when starting a trip.

14. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't like flying... its not a fear but more a not liking to be cooped up and just having to sit there for the duration. So I am calm and cool on the flights because I pretty much clear my mind and try to be... I usually don't get all hopped up and excited at being in Las Vegas until we are actually there.

15. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to be that way...now at 33 I realize that I get to the luggage carousel and have to wait there anyway - so I don't make the deplaning process stressful.

16. Jamie in PA

Jamie in PA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am anxious until the plane is in the air...don't know why. Once we land I'm quite at ease...I'm in my happy place!!

17. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IF I have bags checked i'm the same way. I usually don't check bags when I go to Vegas however so i'm READY TO GET OFF THE PLANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing how long it takes to get people to walk down the aisle.

18. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first three or four trips I was extremely anxious and excited. Especially my very first foray staying at the Wynncore. After so many trips or so it slowly dissipated to the point now is non-existent. Now more is that I HATE the long six hour flight out there and dragging myself to the airport. I really wished that Vegas was like an hour away.

19. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait when I get on the plane. Check my time like every minute and then have to subtract an hour for time change...

20. DoubleUp

DoubleUp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You and me both! Except tomorrow I will will be anxious !:eek:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.