1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas How much longer will the game last?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by pressitagain, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started playing last February and limited my friends to 100 people.

I do a cleaning once every 3 months of people not playing. So I don't have to gift someone who isn't playing.

I was once down to 25 members but went back up to 60.

Judging by the remaining 60. I would say that only 1/3 of them play.

I am approaching half a million again, after spending a million for my last 3 trips.

I am finding it harder and harder to play the game. The free things are dwindling down to a bunch of 2 for 1s. For which, I have no interest.

How much longer do you think the game will last?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its going to stick around for a while longer... there are still lots of people playing.

The offers being alot of 2-for-1s and such are what help keep it around: if it was just a straight up give away free stuff then it would have a harder time justifying its existence versus what it is: something that encourages people to come to MGM properties and spend money.

3. gweilo845

gweilo845 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are still over a million people playing it each month on Facebook. For the more casual user, the rewards (like free rooms) still worth the effort. On MGM's side, they are getting a goldmine of demographic information and targeted advertising.

I've never used the various Facebook groups/friends rings to get more LPs, but from reading this forum and others, it seems like a lot of people get tired of jumping through those extra hoops and just play the game casually on their own with their real profiles. So that may be why you are seeing less active users on your friends list.

Maybe you're just bored of the game in general? Are you talking about a million LPs? I get bored of the game after playing for about 10-15 minutes (if that) - I couldn't see playing long enough to earn that many LPs.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are still tons of new users. This is going to be like any other FB game where folks lose interest quick and leave. And if you were a member of the the FB group that had problems with MyVegas, some of their more prominent members were blocked from the game. I lost a ton of friends that way. Also remeber Some people are only going to play it when they are actually planning a trip.

5. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be around for a long time.

The marketing folks at MGM have hit gold with this one IMO.

For example, I usually don't set foot on MGM properties due to the crappy video poker paytables. But now, I'll take a free room + buffet for playing a free Internet game.

6. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

How do you know when someone is no longer playing? I suspect that many of my Friends don't play now, but I don't know how to check.

7. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you click on the particular friend. You can see their recent activity.

8. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks for that. I've always wondered how I could tell.

Do people get notified when you Unfriend them?

9. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used over a million lps. I accumulate over 100k lp a month. Don't ask how but it happens. My wife wonders the same thing.

I have noticed a change in the demographics from certain FB groups. With that change in demographics, came the change in rewards that are available.

With that change in mind.

It makes me wonder how much longer the game will last?

Or

Was the game designed to attract the demographics that is currently there?

I am in the camp that says that the game has peaked and MGM did all of their data mining.

10. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. Most FB players won't even know that you deleted them.

11. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers. I will have a bit of a cull when I get 5 minutes.

12. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't mind this. I just wish they would take into account the solo traveler and offer things at 50% off instead of 2 for 1. Like the monorail passes.

13. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I don't understand is how people reach 500k+ LPs. I don't play it religiously or anything but I'm normally on at least once a day (not always on the weekends) and I roll through my chips until I'm out. I try to harvest chips from the "MyStrip" twice a day when I'm able.

Last year I barely broke 100k and it's worse this year. I've made.. maybe 10k in the last 2-3 weeks. Not sure how people are hitting 500k+ without playing a full year straight or something.

14. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Same here. I do exactly like you. I log on 2 times a day to collect on the strip. And play the games to get LP's and I only have 90k after about a yr.

15. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been playing it since the first week it came out and I've only redeemed beatles love tickets, back when you could get 2 of them for 80K LPs

16. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I went to vegas I redeemed the dueling pianos, the free bellagio lunch buffet and a ticket to zumanity. That drained all my LP and it took mooonths of playing.

It goes without saying I'd never dump any money in to the game for more chips or LP but I think plenty of people are earning upwards of 300k-500k LPs over the course of 4-5 months without putting any money in it.

The only way I was able to earn enough LP for the first trip to vegas was getting pretty lucky in the slots and turning a 15k chip pile into around 150k. Since I was in the mid 50's (level wise) I could play for smaller amounts (400 chip bets) and pull off a lot of LPs. It would just run in the background all day. But even then, nowhere near 500k.

17. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hah, moments after I wrote this I logged on to facebook, spun the wheel for a paltry 1,000 chips (with bonus's it ended at like 2,750). Then I harvested from "MyStrip" and got up to 8k chips. I started playing lucky birds at the 200 level, 100 auto-spin. After about 50 spins or so I was up to 10k. Then another 15 spins and I was all the way up to 15k. I decided, what the hell, I'll up it to 400 per spin. Two spins later I hit for 8k, then one of the birds was activated and I hit for another 107k. So now I'm at 125k from the 8k I was at 5 minutes ago. Lets see if I can ride this out and keep LPs coming in all day.

18. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been playing about 6 weeks, I have 146K LP. I'm a bit obsessed with this game though LOL

19. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's crazy...I've been playing since August 2012 and I've earned just a hair over 500K total. Level 212. I don't have any friends or do daily gifting or anything like that though.

20. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Nice! My wife did good on Excalibur last night, like 70k+. Me on the other hand..... Lol

I keep telling her I'm going to catch her on LP's but she keeps getting further from me. We are about 10k apart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.