1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guy Fieri's new place will be called....

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by waverunner, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ..........Guy Fieri's Vegas Kitchen & Bar.

2. bahecasmart

bahecasmart Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea when it will open?

3. egelston2

egelston2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How original.

5. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea where it will be located?

6. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The info I saw yesterday said very close to the Quad entrance on the Harrah's side.

7. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off to a great start.

8. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully, it will be close to the bathroom.

10. sirdeez

sirdeez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't get the hate on Fieri. That guy in the NY newspaper went over the top trying to make an example of him as a NY food critic so it comes across overly antagonistic to anyone without a side.

Fieri is what he is, alikeable dude who likes and makes fattening food for Americans in American portion size... just like whoever came up with any of the chain concepts in America including ALL of the Cheesecake Factory concepts.

Am I going to go there? No, but obviously the people that are going to go are going to go regardless of what us food snobs think. Pretty sure having 2 handfuls of restaurants speaks for itself.

I just don't think it's right that some chef's who are absolute ******s (Ramsey) get to be ******s and get no pushback and a guy who is NOT, who you might invite someplace and he would actually COME, get all of this flack for giving his customer base what they want.

11. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I don't hate him, as I just don't care much about him. However I have read plenty of stories that give me the impression that he is a complete a** as much as Ramsey is publicly.

12. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People don't like him because he still has a late 1990's hair style and is in a serious mid life crisis

13. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Guy Fieri a lot because he comes off as one of the guys. Sure, his haircut is goofy, but I think he would be a great guy to hang out with. I used to work with this guy who had that same personality, sans the haircut, and he would make you laugh even if you didn't want to.

Just IMHO.

14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never met the guy. I've had a few restaurateurs tell me he's beyond a demanding a-hole when he comes in to film up your D, D or D, but I've never met him.

The review is what it is. Hyperbole? Well, maybe the reviewer thought hyperactivity should be so met?

Anyway, can't fault a guy for trying to make a buck out of Vegas, perhaps with questionable food, because it's not like he's the first one.

And I will say, we've found some great little spots across the states we'd never have known about if not for that show.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's a good TV host but I've never been inspired by his food even back when he was on that reality competition. It was obvious that the guy he beat was a better chef but Fieri was better on camera. I don't watch shows featuring him cooking. I am looking even less forward to this restaurant than Giada's. I don't see either of them lasting more than 5 years.

16. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I went to his place in NYC...it wasn't too bad..price wise it was about the same as any other place in Times Square...
    Just recently we went to Johnny Garlic's (Santa Rosa, CA) and it was ok also...we are fans of the Triple-D show.
    Like Breeze said, he seems just like a normal-everyday-guy..unlike Ramsey or Flay.

17. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's all about the camera, ain't it?! :thumbsup:

Times Square, Strip-front on Las Vegas Boulevard … might as well be Disneyland. Nothing wrong with formulaic and bombastic, per se; that shit sells.

As for Flay, absolutely love what he does. We literally wear out his cookbooks here. He's America's Puck. Interviewed him once over the phone. Was very cool.

18. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will of course NOT be a good restaurant, but it will probably be packed in that location in the Quad. "Give the people what they want."

19. shawnawm1868

shawnawm1868 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Guys NYC restaurant a few weeks ago. So not impressed. My son and I both ordered burgers, and they were pretty bad. The brioche bun was like eating cardboard it was so dry and flavorless. Our waitress was awful. Even my sangria tasted off. We were so excited to try this place, and in the end, we were so disappointed.

20. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Ran into him a few years ago at the Encore pool. That was when the show was just beginning to take off. We had a nice chat and he seemed geuinely friendly. I wonder if that would still be the case today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.