1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best high end buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by kinkette, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkette

kinkette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all :)

I have just enough credits from MyVegas for a 2 for 1 buffet and I'm not sure what to choose! My husband isn't an adventuresome eater so I'm looking for good quality but not too many "unusual" food choices. I'm into Prime Rib and King Crab....

What about Cravings? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would highly recommend Bellagio and Aria. Cravings is pretty good, but I liked Bellagio best. That 2fer deal on MyVegas was great.

3. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio is my favorite "high end" buffet.

Cravings is just a standard buffet IMO

4. shady

shady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seconded. We did both of those dinner buffets two weeks ago. Bellagio was fantastic while Cravings was average.

5. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How would you rank the MGM dinner buffet against those two?

6. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having tried all 4 in question I would rank:
    1 Bellagio
    2 Aria
    3 Mirage (although DW & I really like Cravings)
    4 MGM (really not impressed)

7. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage to me is better than Aria. Aria lunch buffet in general I wasn't overly impressed. It wasn't bad, just that nothing really stuck out to me. I really like the made to order salads at Mirage.

Bellagio still beats it to me. I doubt I'll ever go back just because I'm not sure it is worth the price to me.

8. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly I love the M Resort Studio B buffet if you have a rental car. Seriously, just as good as Bellagio but half the price. $15 max for lunch per person, and $24 for each for dinner. Similar if not identical items as Bellagio. We go there all the time in Vegas. We've only went to Bellagio once, and never cared to pay for their prices again. I understand you're wanting something high end, and I know M Resort is a casual buffet but it's amazing food for a good price. You're also able to get in 30 minutes before dinner and still pay lunch prices.

9. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate brunch a week ago Friday at MGM, was about 2pm or so. That was by far the worst buffet I've ever eaten at. Had a couple different types of fish. All mush. The veggies weren't raw but they weren't exactly cooked either, they were in some weird in between state. I get to the meat carving station and they have a nice looking brisket that hadn't been cut into yet.
    As he slices into it I see blood run out. Who in the world serves rare brisket?? NO ONE!!! and there's a reason for that. It's one of the toughest cuts of beef and must be cooked low and slow to make tender. It was like chewing on a car tire. What a waste of meat.
    Just before leaving I discover their "Mexican" section, just a few offerings but it was so far removed from the rest the buffet line that everything there was all dried out on the top. Who knows how long that stuff had been sitting there.
    Monday for just a bit more money we ate dinner at the Wynn buffet. Not quite the same selection but we were really impressed. Everything was cooked perfectly and everything was nice and fresh.
    I've eaten at Bellagio 3 times, Bachannal twice, but I'd rate Wynn above both of them.

10. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay away from Cravings. It was a joke even for free!

Aria + Bellagio all the way!
    Aria dinner was fantastic in January. Prime Rib was excellent!! Put some blue cheese on it! :)
    Went to Bellagio dinner in 2012 which was great. Beef Wellington and a mound of Kind Crab.

Also to note.. cashier, seating and waiter service always seem to SUCK at the lower rated buffets. Service at both Aria & Bellagio we're impressive for a buffet.

I want to say Bellagio is a better buffet but in my personal experience I think Aria might just have a leg up.

11. kinkette

kinkette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the M breakfast buffet and enjoyed it very much! It's on our must do list this trip. Any hotel who offers all the lox I can eat in one sitting rates high in my book :)

Thanks for all the answers - looks like I'm leaning towards the Bellagio - I have enough credits for the lunch buffet but I've got a while to play so....MyVegas and I are gonna become best friends and I'll have enough for a dinner buffet @ Bellagio before I go!

12. smithfan

smithfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree 100% I have been there 3 times, comped each time and it wasn't worth the tip I left. Needless to say even for free I wont go back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.