1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Dilema on where to stay asap

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sweetcanadian, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a call from the marketing people from the free 2 nights we have. My original plan was MB 4 nights, excal 2 then i was hoping 2 nights at trop.

Trop or Orleans are not available my dates so.......this is what i am left with.

I can do 4 nights MB and move to gold coast for april 14-16 then book somewhere for the 16-18 and i would probably go with excal again for cheapness factor but it is more than what i have for a reservation right now.

OR

I can do MB 4 nights, then move to excal for 2, then move to the riviera for the last 2 nights.

What would be the better option? I am thinking gold coast as it has a way better rating and doesn't look that far from the strip but it would be more moving around back & forth because excal is right by MB.

I need to let the guy know where to book asap.

Thanks.

2. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also notice the quad is as cheap as my original price for excal for the last 2 nights and it is closer to GC and downtown where we are going on our last night in vegas. Decisions, decisions.

3. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would choose Gold Coast over Riviera.

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hooters is cheaper than the Riv and Quad for Apr 16 - 18. Palace Station, Circus Circus are also cheaper but I'm not sure the resort fees are included in the palace station. Though reviews are not good for hooters, it is in the general area where you are looking at (MB/Tropicana area).

Since you have another 6 weeks to go you can always book now and cancel if you find better deal.

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not stay downtown if you're planning on going downtown during that time anyway?

6. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never stayed at Gold Coast. But I would still take it over Riviera.

7. jackincols

jackincols Guest

"I am thinking gold coast as it has a way better rating and doesn't look that far from the strip....."

It's far enough that you shouldn't walk it, but they have a shuttle that goes to the Strip (drops off at Ballys) on a regular basis.

8. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hooters has a 5-% off sale with 50% off resort fees. For you days it is $50.56 for all taxes and fees. Use offer code 50% off. also comes with $5.00match play $10.00 slot play $$5.00 off restaurants and 2-1 show tickets.

9. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On hotwire secret deals, riviera is usually $19/night ($15 resort). Gold Coast is $31/night ($9.99 resort) if you have their bconnected card. Gold coast room is very nice and worth it. But Quad is good as well.

If you don't mind days inn, that's another option. You could get Hooters for $20 (including resort fees) if you book their 50off promo code on their website. Get the room and resort fee half off, plus $5 dining credit, $5 matchplay and $10 freeplay (which makes it free).

10. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. I think i will go with gold coast. I wouldn't walk it but i knew there was a shuttle, and buses.

I had a reward for mandalay buffet but i will cancel it and get Monte Carlo i think and pay the price for 2 nights elsewhere in 1 night and use the myvegas reward.

I thought about downtown but i have activities on the strip planned on the wednesday and the night of downtown so far it seems supper meet up before hand will be @ PHO and MC doesn't seem that far from there so either way i would have to be coming back to the strip so might as well stay there.

I didn't think of MC earlier because when i found out i was at work and could not look on fb to see what the options were. I hate cancelling the buffet but the reward for MC is worth more $ wise.

So would be 4 nights MB, 2 nights GC then 2 nights MC which should work out ok i would think.

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you stay at GC you can walk across the street to Rio or Palms to eat/drink/play. And all 3 have frequent shuttles to/from the strip. Rio has two of them (Harrahs, Bally's).

12. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They allow you to use their shuttle even if not staying there? We are going to harrah's for Toby Keith's I love this bar so that would be perfect.

13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't check for a room key, you can just get on. From the GC you just cross the street, walk through the Rio's parking lot and the shuttle stops are right there. About a 5 minute walk. Shuttle to Harrahs is every half hour. The shuttles were never full when we were there in October but it was weeknights.

We went to Toby Keiths (my girlfriend loves country, I don't lol). It was good and it's frequently on Groupon.

14. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We both like country and got a groupon for 40$ worth of food for $20. Will be a week night so probably not full either hopefully. Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.