1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Terrace Suite or Wraparound Terrace Suite?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Jer, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After looking around at all the new options, with the discount I can get it puts the Cosmo Terrace Suite at $224 Fri-Tuesday in July. The wraparound is $50 more per night. Althought it seems to look cool:

Is the bigger room basically just the balcony addition?

What is the next option to try to upgrade into when I get there?

And also, has anyone requested a roll away and not been charged? I was pretty lucky in the past, but I'm not sure how anal this hotel is about stuff...

Thanks in advance!

2. cstun

cstun Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Cosmo several times and I can tell you this...the wraparound would be the clear choice. The room is huge in addition to having a terrace that wraps around the corner of the building. It's one of the more awesome suites you can get in Vegas. The entrance is full of mirrors which if you have girls with you they will love. There's lots of space in the room as well. The next thing you can aim for that's an upgrade from the wraparound is the Lanai suite or two bedroom city room. But that will be tough because those jump up in price big time. I have not stayed in a two bedroom city suite but it seems over priced and does not have a terrace/balcony. The better bet would be to get a wraparound with a connecting city room which I have done several times. And I have requested a roll away bed and they provided one at no charge.

Enjoy your trip and make sure you check out Holsteins and the "secret" pizza place which is also available for room service.

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends, what are you using the suite for? Both suites are very nice and the wraparound has a little bigger living area and a much bigger balcony. The big advantage of the terrace suites is that they are all facing the fountains with great views. When staying with my girl i prefer the terrace suite but if i can can get a wraparound in the east tower facing the fountains i probably go for it but wouldn't book it in advance since they cant be reserved with that view. If i would throw a bachelorette i would go for the wraparound since the bigger balcony and living area would be of more importance.

Also as a note if you are used to staying in suites when going to Vegas, these rooms are nowhere near the top (at the nicer hotels) as previous poster mentioned.

4. lollyb

lollyb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would book the terrace then take my chance on a fountain view wraparound upgrade being available during check in. Not having a fountain view is a deal breaker since it's the main drawcard of the terrace for me. And you can't guarantee that on a wraparound like you can the smaller rooms, so I would never book it in advance.

Was going to say $50/night is a great upgrade rate but they seem to have really jacked up the price of the terrace suites since I was last looking into the cost of them. That seems to be the going rate for weekend upgrades, it's slightly more mid-week due to the terrace coming down more in price than the wraparound.

As for room difference, wraparound is about 300 sq ft larger plus another 300 for the extra terrace. The bathroom layout is amazing as well. So if you don't care about the guaranteed view, it's a worthwhile upgrade.

5. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second Bommen. I've stayed in both and the husband and I prefer the Terrace Suite, mainly for the guaranteed view. In my opinion, the Terrace Suite is definitely better suited for a couple so, it really depends on the nature of your trip.

It sounds like you are planning to get a rollaway so, likely not a couple trip. If that is the case then, for that reason alone, I recommend going with the Wraparound. A rollaway in the Terrace Suite would be awkward at best.

6. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are 2 queen terrace. Vs a one king one bed room terrace that has a pull out couch.

If u need a cot, I'd just get the terrace with 2 queens

Fk

7. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For $274/night the Wraparound suite is a no brainier if you ask me.

Likely the best suites per $ in Vegas.

8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah there are 2 queen terrace but not 2 queen terrace suites. There is a big difference between the terrace studio, terrace 1 bedroom vs the terrace suite who is right up there with the wraparound.

It is a nice room however with an ever smaller balcony but not a true suit.

9. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the good stuff! The cast of characters will be me, my two teenagers, and one(possibly two) of their friends to attend some video game convention/gathering. I have been asked to look into a cabana, but I will only do that if some friends from work and their family comes out.

Although as I age, the view might be nice since its been almost 6 years since I have been out to Vegas. But, its not a high priority.

I thought about going the 2 seperate rooms at LVH, but when it all is said and done, it seems like the same price for this wraparound suite. It looks like a beautiful property all around.

10. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    with 5 people,

wrap around suite with a 2 queen city room (the 2 queen city room does not have a balcony and is smaller) but this yields 3 beds

if you want to upgrade the city room to a 2 queen terrace studio also works.

the wrap around has a connecting 1king terrace studio, but that still only leave 2 beds but theres 2 couches also (non have pull out sofabeds)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or, you get 2 queen terrace studio rooms x 2, and have 4 beds total along with a large couch in each room ( it does not pull out into a sofa bed )

the one bedroom terrace, or terrace suite is just not worth the cost over the terrace studio in my opinion

fk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.