1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting your User role bumped up

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Funkhouser, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being the ever status conscious guy I am. I noticed some people on this board have the ability to customize their user title.

. I know after you hit 100 posts you become a senior member. Vbulletin offers this feature in version, but I figured this function was reserved as a special status for people who have put in the time and effort to support the board.:poke:

So my question is, at what level of posts or membership contribution does one achieve such ability? Is this like the room upgrades at Vegas properties where one has to ask or slip the $20 sandwich to Sonya?:rolleyes2:

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I imagine you get the ability once you donate via PayPal...

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just like in Vegas, that (or more:wink2:) along with a please and thank you goes a long way to getting what you want.

Though, the Admins are the only ones who can update the user titles. Board members can request a change, but an Admin has to do the editting. Members aren't allowed to change their own user title.

4. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed a Junior Member for probably over 10,000 posts.

(They cleared out a shitload of posts once and my count dropped significantly.)

It's okay though, because I'm pretty immature. Finally an Admin took pity on me.

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, hey me too! I'm always gettin PMs from the mods about my behavior or getting my posts deleted. Actually pretty surprised they haven't banned my ass yet.

6. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    keep your head down - don't get noticed by the admins. they are bad bad people and make you drink too much if you meet them in vegas. I was teetotal until I met a few of them.....

7. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't noticed my title. It must be a standard one. I wouldn't qualify for Savvy Gambler for certain.

8. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting, I never really paid attention to it.

I remember when I first started going on forums, I cared about the number of stars or titles (when that started being offered).

Now I just like being an information sponge and give out useful info if I can.

I remember people would post short posts like "I agree" and such to up their post count. to get forum status. When I became a mod those shenanigans were done away with.

9. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a part owner of a board and we switched software in about 2005. all post counts were reset. boy we some people upset. til we told them to stop bitching.

on our board people can set their own custom titles and even their own user display name. til they annoy us or do something stupid then we change it for them and disable their ability to change it :D

you can have a lot of fun with that....

10. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah we allowed custom titles as well from jumptreet.

I can imagine that being restricted here for folks that want to put something offensive.
    Everyone isn't trustworthy but we never had a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.