1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For my Time Warner -Comcast brethren

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allowing this to go through is asinine. However, we used to have 7 baby bells and now there are 3 due to merging.

I don't like it.

Bell Atlantic and NYNEX were allowed to combine (now Verizon after buying GTE).
    SBC, Ameritech, Bell South, & Pacific Telesis were allowed to combine plus they bought AT&T (now at&t).

I see the same thing happening with cable companies especially since Comcast and TW don't have overlapping market.

Add also that cable companies can own TV stations and movie studios. Dumb. Comcast owns NBC Universal.

3. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember when Caesars,Harrahs ,Ballys used to be seperate?

Not to mention a few others . I remember NJ Bell(verizon), Standard Oil Of NJ(exxon) the list goes on . Great for all these finance guys who make tons of money handling these mergers.

4. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember when I was in college (late 70's) we were studying the government's attempt at the time to break up ITT due to anti-trust laws.
    Millions, if not billions were spent in legal battles. The battle was won and forced the formation of all the regional carriers. But very quickly, the mergers started creating the baby bells. Then voila, even more mergers lead us to right back where we started!
    The only thing certain is that all these changes will cost in our pocketbooks.

5. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a year I went without cable. I did antenna and netflix. The antenna did not work out very well technically and there was not that much to watch. But I saved $100 month.

This makes me rethink my tv needs. Maybe I can invest in a better antenna!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.