1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Rewards Bang for the Buck

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by LA2VegasTrekkers, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering what your thoughts are on the most valuable rewards based on what you get for the points you have to spend?

We won't use any hotel room rewards for example because we can get rooms comped without spending points.

It seems to me the companion tickets to shows might be good. You have to spend a lot of points, comparatively, to get free tickets. But which are best?

How about restaurants and buffets? Again, 2 for 1 seems like the value play...

2. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us, the best value rewards have been:

2 tickets to O - 198k LPs (ticket value $340)

2 nights at Aria - 198k LPs + $50/night upgrade to a Corner Suite ($500 for that suite for 2 nights)

2 tickets to Zumanity - 168k LPS (ticket value $230)

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im just back from Vegas and Zumanity is having a promo right now when you buy one get another for 10$ that might be a better deal

4. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best value for me are rooms as I do not get comps.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the case for me too. Takes more play than I wanna give to get a comped room at MLife.

But outside of that, it's Cirque tickets, imo. The companion tickets technically might be the best buy technically. But the problem is, you earn so many LPs if you play semi-regularly, it's difficult to burn them if you buy those awards since they cost so little.

This upcoming trip, my g/f and I still have about 350k LPs to spend even after this trip... :eek:

6. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In terms if dollar value vs points spent I would guess it would have to be some of the show tickets. That being said, the one I am waiting to book for my May trip is the Bottle Service at Gold Club @ Aria. 250k points for a $500 comp. I will still have over 225k left to spend (as of now with no more playing), so show tickets or the other bottle service may be eyed up.

7. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 2 free nights at MLife but my family doesnt so I used my mlife comp and I used mvegas points to get a room for my mom, and they allowed me to do it.

I dont get TR comps either and God knows I spent wayyyy too much there.

I got the 2 free buffets so that works out well too.

8. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think that the companion ticket for Zummanity is a good deal. Like others have said they have buy one get one for $10.

That being said, we have six people going in April and on a weekend there is not much better value than show tickets or maybe $25 at Nine Fine, or $50 at Dueling Pianos.

The game is getting harder and harder to redeem on Weekends

9. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most defiantly the rooms for us ............ we don't get comped the rooms but have managed some food comps- Thats room and board

Southwest card for air - travel covered

We don't do shows - N/A

That leaves the rest for the book and the tables.

Last 3 trips have been winners - especially the last one.

Las Vegas .......... the only place where you can get paid to take a vacation

10. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see the 2 for 1 and companion tickets as a waste because you can find most of those deals elsewhere without using LP like the Zumanity tix mentioned above. Have seen Love, Zarkana and Ka for the same deal. They still make money and you use your LP.

If going solo or with someone else who plays then the solo breakfast/lunch buffet or shows are the best deal at a low price point. Average reward is approx $1 to 1000 LP. $100 Love ticket is only 49500 LP so you are getting better than $2 per 1000LP

Fuel the Duel is a killer deal too. $100 bar tab for 50k in LP. Unfortunately I never see it available. :beer: :drunk:

11. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got rooms too, but the highest bang for the buck are the bottle services at the gold/deuce lounge. Not something that suits me though.

12. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Bang for your buck" is subjective of course.

It could be said that a $100 show ticket is better than a $60 room for the same amount of points. Objectively, you are getting something for a higher price for the same points. Subjectively, it may also be better for someone who receives room comps or who value shows strongly.

On the other hand, you could also say that that $100 ticket is for entertainment that will last only 90 minutes while that $60 room will give you access to a "home"-away-from-home for a minimum of 18 hours.

13. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not comped. Next time I'll probably use my points on rooms. But, this time I'm using my points to fill in the gaps with food and drinks as I'm a big coupon user. My husband is playing too so we're planning our redemptions together. I read the t&c's carefully for each redemption. I'm hosting my brother and his wife to brunch at Aria's buffet so I got 4 bottomless drinks passes for that brunch. And then we're doing other 2/1 meals for MGM, Monte Carlo, Circus Circus and NYNY that are OK to use anytime. We won't be able to use all our points for this trip so hopefully I'll be able to use them next time. We only got started on MyVegas recently as we're both bigtime facebook haters.

14. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So glad you came to join us! I know it was hard!:thumbsup:

15. AlexS

AlexS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow I am going to keep my eyes open for this one, seems like an awesome deal!

16. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just "bought" my first ever reward on MyVegas today -> Fuel the Duel!! :drunk:
    I was prying at it for ages, but never saw it available, always sold out. Until today, I'm so thrilled! :woohoo:

They get sold out very quickly, so you just have to make sure to be first when new ones come available.
    I think there might be even just one available at the time, because when I checked afterwards, it said sold out again.

Good luck!

:beer:

17. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really depends on:
    1. If you want to spend any money when redeeming rewards, or do you want them completely free.
    2. How many rewards are you allowed to redeem together in total.
    3. How many loyalty points do you have together in total.

Taking the buffets as an example:
    For the 2-for-1 buffets you still have to buy one of the buffets with real money.
    Buying 1 complimentary buffet each, costs you 2 rewards in total, but is a lot cheaper than buying 2 complimentary buffets using only 1 reward.
    So if you have enough loyalty points anyway, the better value is to get 2 complimentary buffets with only 1 reward spend. As you still use only 1 reward (for two persons) and don't spend any money.
    If you don't have enough LPs to use up all your rewards anyway, then you might as well get 1 complimentary buffet each.
    And if you don't have many LPs, don't want to use more rewards than needed ánd don't mind to spend a little money, then getting the 2-for-1 buffet is the best option for you.

18. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back and I did S'Mores at Mandalay Bay $40, Shark Reef for 2, $36, and $25 freeplay. So about $100. But that was only 75,000 LP's.

I'd say some of the low cost rooms like Luxor and Excalibur are a pretty decent deal. But you still have to pay the $20 resort fee. Also on a weeknight a room there is like $39.. not that exciting.

The show tickets seem ridiculous, 230,000 LPs for a show like Zumanity which is always on sale for at least 50% off... Same with the high level hotels like Aria for 430,000, come on... My time isn't worth the money I'd save.

19. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it is just on for St. Patty's Day, but two hours of all the Guinness you can drink for 25K LP ought to rank rather high in the cents per lp comparison.

20. papacheesy

papacheesy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay with me here... What about the Exalibur Tournament of Kings show?
    $60 ticket for 30,000 points

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.