1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

[Live]El Cheapo On a Whim! (1/10-1/12)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by TIMSPEED2, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

SO...just because I decided to talk (read: con) the wife into going to VEGAS this weekend!
    Here's the hook...
    The rental car price came way down ($35 3 days)
    The room is free (Gold Coast)
    We've got some freeplay and free dining (not too mention a metric shit ton of Boyd points)

So, we're gonna pick the car up in a few and roll out.
    Tonight we'll probably just land at GoldCoast and get our freeplay ($30 there) and go to bed
    Tommorrow will be the big (and only) day, lol.
    I think we're either going to ride out to Valley of Fire...or perhaps go check out places we've never been (Suncoast, Boulder Station, etc)
    We're gonna grab the coupons for Palms for the FREE slot play also ($50 for $90 worth), and have dinner at MSS buffet for free via dining credits
    Sunday morning the plan is to just get up and drive home.

Yeah, it's going to be 16 hours of driving for one SOLID day in vegas...BUUT I think we can swing it for damn near FREE (if I can turn $75 worth of FSP into $100 cash, then the gas will be free YAY!)

THEN AGAIN...if I happen to hit a big jackpot off the FSP, then all bets are off and I'm shooting me some dice! LOL

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck

Why do you rent a car to drive there?

EDIT: Never mind, now that a think about it I would gladly pay $35 to not put the miles/16 hours on my car.

3. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rumor has it that everyone in Vegas tomorrow will win!! Good luck as we will be both in town tomorrow!! Can't wait to read updates!

4. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw your post...we'll be downtown tommorow having dinner at MSS...hopefully I can get a winner off my freeplay, so I have some funds to shoot dice.
    May have to get you and your buddy and shoot some dice (luckily, my wife is my lucky shooter, lol)

Update1:
    Piss break in Tulare...on we trudge! Hoping to make it to GoldCoast before midnight, so I can get all of my $30 there, then go across the street to Palms to pickup $100.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Major Vegas devotion with that drive! Hit some big ones!

6. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, its only 8 hours each way...
    Stopped off for gas and piss break in Barstow.
    Traffic on I15 looks a little lighter than usual...but could be misleading as we JUST got onto it.
    Looks like we'll be getting to GC later than I wanted to (at midnight) so Palms club will be closed, so I'll have to get all my freeplay tomorrow.
    Ohh well, here's to the final 2 hour stint!

7. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I got so far as Primm....the 15N is a PARKING LOT from Jean to Primm...must be a huge accident to block up 3 (with two LARGE shoulders, so almost like 5 lanes)!!
    Fuck, never fails to get a massive traffic jam on a friday night.

8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How are the Gold Coast Rooms?

Thinking about staying there a few nights. Werent they remodled not too long ago? Are they comparable to a basic room at say Ballys,or most mid-level strip hotels? I love the location, right off the 15 and the shuttle service beats driving and drinking at night . Staying 2 nights at Wynn,so decided to go cheap a few nights also.Love the GC just never slept there,welcome feedback,thanks.

9. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sucks about traffic. What time did you actually make it to gc? Good luck today!

10. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, forgot to update last night...
    We FINALLY got to GC at 1am!! Freaking bigrig caught fire just before GoldStrike, and it had the entire northbound closed, we were all forced over to the far left shoulder to go around it.
    So we got here, grabbed a subway and came up and ate it and hit the sack!
    Its 9:15 now, and the plans are to get brunch here at the buffet (via points), then collect my $30 freeplay here and walk across to Palms and get our $90 freeplay.
    After that, I think we're going to ride out to Suncoast and Aliente and check them out.
    Then maybe hit up the PawnShop and Heart Attack Grille, with dinner plans at MSS buffet.

11. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we like them. They're a little small (350sqft), but the bed is nice and they don't seem to smell like smoke.
    We like the "vibe" at Orleans better, but GC is definitely generous with their rooms (didn't take much to get on the free 2night offer; maybe $3000 coin-in?)

12. Kjell28

Kjell28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck today!!! Hope it's worth the drive....though I used to be that way, spontaneously going to Reno for a few days when I used to live in the Bay Area. Now I'm in OR, so it's Vegas whenever I get the $100RT flights...

I'll be venturing over to Orleans on my next trip to check out the VP action...never did much @ Palms...

13. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can keep your hands off the stp machines, 9/6 Boner Deluxe at suncoast bars! Make Beeejay and Flusher jealous! :evillaugh

14. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick funny update:
    Walking over here to Palms from GoldCoast, we passed a guy standing outside, and I said to my wife "Man, that looks like Joe Maloof."
    She asks "who is that??"
    So I pointed up to the sign (which still says "a maloof property") and she said ohh...lol, as a camera crew was walking up to him...IT WAS JOE MALOOF! lol
    Hahahah

15. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! In my younger days I might just be able to do this. But Heart Attack Grille and MSS buffet in one day....I don't think I would survive, lol! :faint:

16. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So at Palms we sucked out our free play to the tune of $100.
    Walked over to gold coast and got $12.50 out of the $15.
    Headed out...stopped at Pawn Shop...waay too crowded, but on a funny note, I went the wrong way in the parking lot...and who do I end up blocking? THE BEARD! (Mark the museum guy with the huge beard and big hat)
    My wife was cracking up because he drove a hella crappy minivan and was giving me the stinkeye!
    So, we got out of there and landed here at MSS...the plans are to get a beer and walk down to Heart Attack Grille and El Cortez (wife and I have never been)

17. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck gambling to you and your wife

Was it Joe or George Maloof?

Pawn Stars - The Museum Guy? They must have been taping today.

18. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was Joe, for sure.
    Lost $60 at MSS, won back $40 at Fremont, wooo!
    Won the $40 on a shooter at the $3 crap table rolling 50 rolls! Playing light cuz I was broke!
    At Elcortez now, its nowhere near as bad as Cal-Neva in Reno!
    Got our free $6 from The D!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
  19. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so we bounced around today...mostly shot dice at Fremont (going back!)
    Back to our $100 we had in the morning.
    Having dinner at MSS buffet via $20 dining credit (came with the room...which were not using, lol)
    After we eat, were going back to Fremont to see if we can roll 40 times and get that damn jacket!! Lol

20. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Tim

Havent really sold Mrs. on the GC,but I have over two months to work on this.
    Mark is really as nice a guy you'll ever meet honestly. We went to the museum one morning,a trip I recommend ,and asked to meet him He spent a good 20 minutes or so chatting with us about all the historic areas we've seen over the years on LV trips. Turn out he did some post grad work at U of Del.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.