1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Would you pay $2,500 for three seconds with Britney?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Viva Las Vegas, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope those were all comp tickets and people didn't actually spend $2,500.

Fans 'who paid $2,500 to meet Britney Spears left disappointed after she spends just THREE seconds with them'

Link

Britney Spears's has left some of her most ardent fans disappointed after the star allegedly spent just 'three seconds' with them at an expensive meet and greet.

Fans of the Toxic singer reportedly paid $2,500 for a VIP Meet-And-Greet session during the star's Las Vegas residency, but according to RadarOnline.com, they were granted a window of just three seconds for a photo op before being moved on.

A source told Radar: 'Fans were told before the meet-and-greet that they were not to hug or touch Britney without her permission and they weren’t allowed to bring her any gifts.

'Fans were anticipating a flashy meet-and-greet with Britney but instead it was just awkward and uncomfortable.' 'She barely spoke. She just smiled and nodded and said ‘thank-you’ a lot,'.

2. Natural21

Natural21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just goes to show, "There's a fool born every minute". :thumbsup:

Good luck.:beer::beer:

3. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who Cares ???????????????????????????

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As buried in the article, the cost is for the prime seating, VIP drink-service, separate entrance, etc... certainly the "meet and greet" is a part of it, BUT I've done three-(3) of these (Brook's & Dunn, Martina McBride and recently Florida-Georgia Line) on corporate tickets. If anyone is under the impression they're gonna sit with the talent and swap recipes and chat about your interests, their interests, etc. , they're sadly mistaken. My limited experience is it's a photo op and really nothing else.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This article comes from a celebrity gossip site so its always going to be tough to tell what is exaggeration, what is "stirring the pot" and whats the truth... and since most of their title/subject line is in a quote I would tend to be leaning towards exaggeration or pot stirring.

The article is just really vague and written to make it sound like she came out, said "Thank You" a few times and then three seconds later she was gone, when in reality she probably came out, walked amongst the people thanking them, said a short speech, said a few thank yous and then did a one-on-one photo and autograph session with each person.

Beyond that I don't know what else they would be expecting? Its not like she is going to sit in a private corner and spend 10-15 minutes with each person and listen to their life story or have them gush all about how they are her biggest fan or whatever.

Obviously a few seconds for $2500 doesn't sound like much of a deal but people got other stuff and if there were 25 people there and she spent 5 minutes with each one then if you were the last in line you would be looking at over 2 hours of just standing around waiting and probably having a lot better things to do with your time - probably leaving more disappointed then than if you only got 5 to 10 seconds with her for a photo op and getting her to sign something.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a usual meet n greet is 1/2 hour either befor or aftershow.

if there buying a photo op package that is differnt . then they are bought in pic taken and good bye.

ive run a few of them and most artist do mingle for said times.

there handlers usualy go over the rules with you before some so no autographs and so on.

belive it not sometimes back round checks are run on the people buying these.

ive dealt with a stalker lists for artists.it can get pretty trickey.

the britney thing is a cash grab pure and simple.

ive told people this before you usualy dont want to meet the people your a fan off or worship. its usualy a big let down.
    there not what you would think they are.

just my 2 cents

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you weighed in... I knew this is something you'd know about. Thanks!

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and a side note alot of artist not britney are now doing the high end meet and greet for charity so alot of it becomes tax deductable.or like front row and autographed posters theres a few packages.

see i didnt even say what did you expect for 2500$ from britney its not like she even signing it would take alot more to get her to talk:thumbsup:

im actualy going to go one nite i want to see the production end the staging and lights wich i heard is great.so i hit her people up for a comp.

ps if some people where interested why miley showed up opening nite same mgr.

9. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, you clearly didn't say that at all :evillaugh

I Need Spa
  10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just a litle after new years humor all in good fun .have fun at her show .

peace out:beer:

11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    look at this Jusin Bieber meet and greet video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AROdm4v19KQ

you will :vomit:

I have bought meet and greet packages for plenty of artist (rihanna, katy perry, nkotb, kesha...) some are great some are super rushed, you never know how its going to be that night
    Only katy and kesha allowed autographs

12. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A video with clear audio would prove whether Britney's thank yous were lip synched or if they were actually spoken. :thumbsup:

[YOUTUBE]1-IvTF0xUxM[/YOUTUBE]

13. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol. Now that was funny :thumbsup:

I Need Spa
  14. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't pay 2500 to bang her honestly so as was said already theres one born every minute, a fool and his money are soon parted by a lip syncing has been LOL

15. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol me either. I've been offered waaay hotter chicks for much less.

16. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience has been these "meet and greets" are worth it. I've had some really involved ones (Donny & Marie) and some "I don't want to be here - take the picture and get the hell out" ones too (Rita Rudner).

As someone else noted, there's much more to it than just personally meeting the star. And, it can be hard to put a price tag on that "special treatment" one receives. What matters is if it's worth it to YOU - not to me.

One of the best meet and greets I've had lately was with Claire Sinclaire, headliner of Pin Up. She's the 20 year-old who was Playmate Of The Year in 2011 at the age of 18. She meets after the show for photos and autographs with any and all who paid for the show - no extra payment involved. That's pretty cool and I wonder if it will last for long as her status escalates.

Bill

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dont know if he still does but chriss isaak would go out to the merch table and sign after the show for free.

fitz and the tantrums same thing.

theres a big differnce between the meet and great that you pay for where the star gets the money and one where it goes to charity. charities seems to go an extra millage but its always up to the performers.

also rember these performers still do record company meet and greets and radio stations and other industry things.these meet and greets are run like clock work if you can wake up the performer to come to them and trust me its happend.

not all do sound checks now so they might be napping on the bus or in hotel room.

axl rose rose didnt show up for his tv interview with eddie trunk till around 5am .

18. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    shocking development to the whole Britney in Vegas saga

19. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this person writes an interresting daily blog on the music industry. some of you might find it interesting. its free.and yes alot of artist follow it and write into it.
    it might give you some insight or differnt perspective of things.figured i would share it

If you would like to subscribe to the LefsetzLetter,
    http://www.lefsetz.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

20. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is your line of work paper that you seem to know so much??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.