1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Prime/9ine/stk/GR

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by broncofn, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to decide between these 4 places for dinner for Super Bowl weekend. If anyone has any insight it would be great.

Prime
    I've eaten there once and loved the Japanese A5 wagyu.

9ine
    Used to love this place but the last time I was there I did not enjoy it. But still love the rock shrimp app.

STK/Gordon Ramsey steak
    Haven't dined at either but heard great things.

I love a bone-in ribeye (my favorite) and do not mind spending on good meat. At prime I spent $150 for the A5 wagyu for 5 ounces (9ine doesn't have it out of these places) since I never tried it before and it was freakin awesome.

If anyone has any insight regarding the best bone-in ribeye or A5 wagyu at these places (if one place is better than the other) it would be great.

2. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also wouldn't mind trying the reserve ribeye at the Venetian but forgot what steakhouse it is at. Can you hold one from now since it's first come first serve?

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And how easy is it to get a charge from another mgm property if we went to prime for instance? I have $450 f&b credit at aria which I believe is only for aria charges and not thru-out mgm properties.

Is it harder to have a prime steakhouse meal taken off of my room charge thru my host after my play/stay at checking out than it would at an aria restaurant?

4. suebee

suebee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had dinner at Gordon Ramsay Steak and everyone in our group agreed that we had the best steaks EVER - and we're all big steak people and don't hand out that title lightly (and none of us are Gordon Ramsay fans so that didn't play into it). My husband had the bone in rib eye and loved it - I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend it.

The night before we had dinner at Jean Georges Steakhouse at Aria. It was good, but not amazing IMO.

We had no problem charging to the room at different MGM properties (we stayed at the Monte Carlo) and dined elsewhere.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im a big 9 fans and they just redid the whole resturant.

the palms is having a superbowl party in the pearl concert venue that day

6. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Sorry meant to say getting the restaurant room charge picked up from my host. Sorry for the typo.

I actually reserved prime again but Ramsey is still in the running since I still have time. Jean George's owns prime also so figured it might be the same concept. But might make the switch to Ramsey since the menu looks appealing.

Thank you.

7. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thank paper poster. I used to be a huge 9 fan also. Last 2 times I was there, everything went downhill from service, food, etc. I know they went thru a remodel but that might not help. When I complained this last time, even the dealers and Pit staff were agreeing that it went downhill and complaining about mngmt, changing chefs, etc.

Trust me, I love the palms and give them light action (50-200 a hand) in blackjack but that was the only reason I went there. If I hear the food has gotten back to normal or better, than it's a hell yes I will go.

8. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now you have me thinking about the bone-in ribeye at ramseys. I think I will hold a table just in case. Thank you.

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GR is so good! Do it. Best meal ever!!

10. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I just held a reservation for the 31. Now have to choose between prime or GR lol. But I've already been to prime so GR is in the lead.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    same chef since day one.
    and still great eye candy.

i eat there twice a month and love it
    and have hit most of the places in vegas

12. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That isnt what a dealer told me in the beginning of 2013. She said mngmt, chef, f&b mngr all left and said the chef went to another restaurant.

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100 percent not true.

chef barry since day one..

it had a soft reopening around december 26th i stoped in before i left to say hi and see the remodel

what they might have ment was there where sharing nove for a month and combing menues while nines was being redone.

ive never had a dealer or pit boss say anything bad about nines infact alot of them eat there all the time.

now they all say the need a new nite club or herea was way over priced wich i agree with.

pss i do hear a new club or 2 are in the works

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  14. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, im positive they told me that. Maybe the chef came back? Yhey said the chef went to another restaurant on the strip, and a bunch of kitchen staff followed . They said 9ine was having ownership/mngmt issues that was trying to be resolved.

Maybe thats why they did the renovation? I believe it is owned by a diff company now. Now i remember, they said that maloof (when he had control) took it over and thought he could keep it the same way it was when it was packed. Wasnt it owned by mortons or ruth chris before?

Anyways, i hope it does come back to the way it was and hope palms makes a turn around.

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it was owned by the nines group i belive from chicago or the owners where from chicago as they own a few resturants not in vegas .. they did split off years ago and malofs have control of nines at the palms yes there was a dispute but that was a ownership corporate one nothing to do with day to day operations per say.as ive said same staff nothing has changed there exceot they took out the circle caviar bar.

but the chef ,staff and mgmt never left.

same chef since day one his name is barry been dealing with him for over 10 plus year now

http://www.palms.com/fine-dining/n9ne-steakhouse

same chef new room campaign going on

16. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless the person didnt know and was just talking. But nonetheless, last 2 times ive gone to 9ine, i was unimpressed. Might go to the bar area on that saturday the 1st of feb just for drinks and a few apps just to feel it out.

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i usualy sit at the bar and have dinner.

drink in the hl room and eat at nines.

as i said theres a supperbowl party maybe you can snag an invite.

what ever you decide you will have a good meal enjoy vegas:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.