1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Results of 2013 NFL Season Total Bets

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by UKFanatic, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last day of the regular season, so I thought I would start a thread for members to share their thoughts/results from wagers on this season's win totals (or other prop totals).

Heading into today, I have 3 wins, 3 losses, and 2 pushes. So it can only get better, depending on the results of two games. Unfortunately, my two largest bets are the two that are currently pushes. So I'm a little excited about those two teams today. By the end of the day, I will end the NFL regular season with either a small loss or, potentially, a pretty good return!

Will share more thoughts and results after those games .....

I Need Spa
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was a very "up and down" season for my bets... Thank Goodness for college football... those bets save me many weeks.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a giant loser on NFL this year. It seems like the entire league is upside down.

I have the Pack at -3 today in about 2 hours. Watch Cutler have a career day and there goes the playoffs for the Packers.

Side note, neither the Bears or Packers really deserve a playoff game. 8 & 7 should not be a division champ.:poke:

4. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The weekends I was in Vegas betting on the weekly games has been one of my best years ever. Oddly, my season win total wagers will be my worst performance in the past four seasons, regardless of the two games I have an interest in today

I Need Spa
  5. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made a tidy profit locally- not with bookies. I bet against the Browns every week. Most weeks I didn't even have to give points.

The best bets are always with people who are emotion-driven, not with the wagering industry. Occasionally, if enough people bet from the heart and drive the spread in a certain direction, it works with a book.

The Browns were under their expected 5 wins. They needed to lose their last 7 ganes, with a huge assist from officials in the New England game, to accomplish that. No problemo.

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, my final total are in, and for the season I ended up with four wins, three losses, and one push (on my largest bet :grrr:). Still, on my season total bets I made an approximately 8% return thanks to the Cincy victory today. So no complaints.

My best handicapping was the over on Arizona (crushed that one) and my worst was the under on KC (whoops, lost that on by October).

I should be in Vegas for the conference championship games and the Super Bowl, so that should be fun!

I Need Spa
  7. Kjell28

Kjell28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't get to do much NFL bets this year, but am in a high $$ league against the spread...struggled early on this season but turned it around the last few weeks....got 12 games today (possibly 13 - Dallas +6.5 and I have Philly) and that vaulted me into the $$$$ with 96.0% correct for the season. Very happy with that....next year ill be scheduling a weekend or two to Vegas for some parlay action

8. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely an off year but as the season moved on I started doing a bit better but also changed my betting a bit which helped recoup a bit.

9. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy shit! I must be missing something about how your league works. Are you saying you get 96% correct against the spread picking all the games this year??? That's almost impossible. It would mean you missed ten games the entire season. What were the rules of your league? Whatever the rules, 96% is astounding, better than all the pros!

I Need Spa
  10. Kjell28

Kjell28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Um it's just a Yahoo league...and I stand corrected, I'm in 96th percentile...but did have 10+ wins ATS 11/17 weeks...my lowest being 8 wins in week 4. I'll see if I can't figure out my actual win %

11. Kjell28

Kjell28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so I think I figured this out - 16 games x 16 teams = 256 total (32 total teams but only 1 winner ATS)
    My points: 191 correct picks so 191/256 = 0.746 or 75% for the season...much more realistic!!! Haha
    My average wins per week ended up at 11
    I'm happy with that...

12. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's still a moneymaker in vegas. But if it were 96%, holy crap quit your day job!

I Need Spa
  13. callahanha

callahanha Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I placed 4 future bets before the season started. I won on the following: Jets (over), Chiefs (over) and Carolina (over). I lost on Packers (over). I placed about $0 on each ticket so I have $160 waiting for me when I get there on Super Bowl weekend

14. phan

phan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a low roller on sports bets for sure, but I bet the over total wins (11) for the Denver Broncos and that made following the season interesting. I'll be cashing that ticket on Wednesday and looking for some college bowl winners to play for the next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.