1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Aria tried to not honor my MyVegas buffet reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by 16gauge, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I just returned from Vegas last night. We were in Vegas from Dec 16 to Dec 22. We each used three MyVegas rewards. We both had the two free buffets for Aria rewards. We used hers on Wednesday, December 18 without issue. We tried to use mine on Friday, December 20 (identical reward). We went to MLife desk and they entered it on my players club card. At the buffet, the cashier ran my card and said we owed an additional $42 dollars as they said it was now a "special" buffet with a higher price above and beyond what the credit on my card for the "normal" buffet was. We returned back to the MLife desk to complain. The people there knew nothing about a "special" buffet.

I retrieved my MyVegas printout from the MLife desk. It clearly indicated "two free buffets" and it listed black-out dates which the reward could not used. 12/20/13 was not one of the blackout dates listed. I asked to speak with an MLife manager and was told she was on vacation all week. We went back up to the buffet to complain to the buffet manager. Without looking at it, he tried to claim the dates on the MyVegas printout indicated that the reward could not be used. Not willing to back down, I pulled out my pocket calender and started "X'ing" out all the December blackout dates listed on the MyVegas reward printout in front of him. 12/20/13 was not X'd out. I gave him the papers and asked him to show me where it indicated that 12/20 was a blacked out date. He could not find anything.

Next, he claimed he was going to be nice to us and only charge us for one buffet (instead of honoring the two FREE buffets). Again, I was emphatic that it was unacceptable and told him we would leave and spread the word that they were refusing to honor the rewards. He finally relented and honored both.

This whole frustrating ordeal took almost an hour. While we were going through this ordeal by the buffet cashier, we witnessed 25-30 people walk away after the cashier informed them of the price (about 50% of the total that got into line). The week before Christmas is the slowest week in Vegas. The hotels drastically reduce room prices and give more comp rooms away to us low rollers more this week than any others in order to get some business. So why would the chose to almost double the price of an already overly expensive buffet during the week where they should, if anything, be cutting the price in half?

When we did finally get to eat, the selection of the "special" was IDENTICAL to to the selection of the "normal" one we had two days earlier. There was noting extra to justify the doubling of the price.

Lessons learned from this ordeal:

Always print out your MyVegas reward e-mail that has all the terms and conditions on it and bring it to Vegas with you. Stand your ground whey you are in the right and they try not to honor their own Terms and Conditions.

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You weren't in the right.

Aria buffet passes are only good Monday-Thursday. It's always been that way. You shouldn't have been able to redeem it on a Friday night.

Click on any free buffet reward at Aria and it says "Available Monday - Thursday 330pm - 1000pm."

3. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I did not indicate we were there on a Friday night, We were there on a Friday morning. We were completely in the right as the Terms and Conditions clearly stated "Available Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm".

The only listed non -weekend black-out dates in December were 12/24 and 12/25.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    16gauge,
    Sorry you had so much trouble, but glad it finally worked out for you.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Tye

5. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks, I'm just sharing my experience so that others will be prepared and have their confirmation printouts with the T&C's with them in case they encounter something similar.

The buffet manager said they were having the "special" buffets everyday until after first of the year.

6. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully the "Special" buffets don't continue into January.

7. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what a pain in the ass, atleat he finally agreed

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just about all of the Vegas buffets do Holiday Pricing. I think this was more of an issue with the mLife desk not putting the current cost on the card to cover the Holiday pricing.
    http://www.aria.com/dining/restaurants/buffet

And, if I'm not mistaken, there used to be terms on the buffet rewards that said that it wasn't available during the Holiday pricing. Mothers day, Valentine's day, MLK, etc, etc... Basically anytime they wanted to charge extra. But it looks like that's been removed?

I'm with you though. I play by their rules and I would hold them to that as well :thumbsup:

9. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Thank you for posting this. I too, would be pointing out the fine print. Glad it worked out for you though.

10. weekapaug74

weekapaug74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Vegas this coming Sunday & Monday. I want to use a MyVegas buffet comp but I'm worried about this exact situation happening to me.

The MyVegas small print usually lists specific blackout dates but they also are vague about other possible blackout periods.

And I can't find holiday buffet rates and time periods listed on any of the resort sites.

11. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I just looked at Aria and Bellagio and both have the holiday pricing and dates right on the main buffet page. It looks like both of them have holiday pricing for the days you are there unfortunately.

I had sort of the opposite experience and had good customer service at Aria redeeming a MyVegas reward during Thanksgiving. My girlfriend had the Jean Philippe one and they literally had a post-it on their desk at Mlife listing what rewards were blacked out and it included that one. I had all her email confirms on my phone and pulled it up to show the girl that there was no blackout date mentioned. She tried to get a hold of the MyVegas manager but couldn't so took down my cell # and called me about 30 minutes later apologizing and said the reward was good. She already had the code and scanned my girlfriend's card beforehand so activated it without us needing to go back to the desk. Her name was Danica, I still have her voicemail on my phone.

12. weekapaug74

weekapaug74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting this info. I hit both the Aria and Bellagio lunch buffets thanks to MyVegas on trips earlier this year. Highly recommended.

I've been trying to find holiday buffet pricing for Mandalay Bay and Monte Carlo. I was thinking about trying one of their breakfast/lunch buffets this coming Monday, Dec 30.

13. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avoid Monte Carlo's buffet... I didn't expect it to be that bad but after seeing the selection, I just left. Complete waste of $$$ and myVegas comps.. might as well eat at The Pub.

14. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what kind of Buffett your used to eating but back in Oct the MC Buffett was just fine. I was more than happy with it.

15. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at the Monte Carlo buffet on MyVegas. For breakfast, it was just fine. Don't know about any other time. Had the lunch one at Bellagio and it was fantastic.

Sema Show
  16. Kickin

Kickin Flea

You should be fine, in fact of all 4 of those buffets the only one specifically blacked out on the 30th is Bellagio. None of the others state that as a blackout date and none of them say anything about restrictions on "holidays" in general. If you run into an issue like the OP had just ask them to show you where it on the T&Cs it states the voucher isn't valid.

17. Crazycrue

Crazycrue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now you have me checking into this. I bought the dinner buffet and the bottomless drink for aria. I was just reading it and it says to use the bottomless drink you must purchase a buffet so I am assuming from this I can't use them together at the same time. I bought both of these for myself and hubby.

Any thoughts on this am I correct I cant use the together?

18. choupeo

choupeo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just want to add my data point: I was able to use 2 lunch and dinner rewards without any problem on 12/26, holiday pricing, I didn't have to pay anything. Hope that help.

19. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate when stuff like this happens. Hope it didn't spoil your trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.