1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boyd Penny Lane

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by craiger122003, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craiger122003

craiger122003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    has anyone won more on Sundays or Wednesdays? I went on a Saturday and the slots at the Cal sucked(until we were dry) . So can anyone confirm if people get better slots on Sundays and Wednesdays??

2. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience slots are set to the loosest around 5am on a Thursday.

3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 Haha. Funny, because I could swear they were set loose at 8am Sunday and tightened at 8am on Friday

4. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!

That's scary if they can change the payouts at will. I thought the percentages were programmed from the factory- or they at least had to physically go in and change them.

5. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the slots I have played seem to have pressure-sensitive payout controls located in the seat.

6. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No the payout is controlled by rubbing the upper right hand corner of the screen. Or was it lower left hand corner? This is why I never seem to win.:cry:

TomTWI

7. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Sam's Town the weekend before Thanksgiving with my dad and Friday night I couldn't win anything at Sam's. The next day it seemed I couldn't lose. Not big amounts but I would put in a 20 and play for awhile cashing out 30. I saw all the placards attached to the slot machines saying penny lane but thought they just showed that section was penny machines. Sunday morning was the same as Saturday. No big wins but a lot of pay for my money. I noticed while playing that a green bar was at the bottom of the screen and when it reached the end a wheel appeared and you got a free spin. I ended up getting four spins consisting of slot play and 1000 points twice. I felt I got good value for my play at Sam's. Saturday night I scanned my card to check for promotions and had earned a free buffet and two movie passes.

Mark

8. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Certainly, you must have felt the previous posters pulling your leg. :evillaugh

9. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played on a Wednesday a couple of weeks ago at both MSS and Fremont during the Penny Lane thing. At first I thought the slots were supposed to trigger more bonus rounds than usual but this was not the case. What happens is you earn points and when you reach enough, it triggers a special bonus game called skeetball where you play and win free slot play. Gambling was brutal and the machines just sucked up my cash. In the end I won a total of $22 in free play. There was also a horseracing game that ran once an hour during a certain time of day where if you qualified (earned a certain amount of points in an hour), you had a chance to pick the colour horse who would win the race. There are only 8 spots so you don't always get to play even if you qualify. I played twice and won once. Someone else picked the same winner so we shared the prize and ended up with $250 each. That was nice and took a little bit of the sting out of my losses for the day.

10. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the upper left or the lower right... BUT (a pun); it only works of you are wearing a thong (and it does not depend on your gender)... that's where the "pressure-sensitive payout controls located in the seat" comment comes from. It's not about the pressure, its about your "cheek" conductivity.

Seriously consider a pair of thong-man-panties... I swear by them! :wave2:

11. craiger122003

craiger122003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JH and Kobra Thanks for the helpful responses. How many points did you need to spin? And do you get to qualify for more than one spin? Thanks all

12. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how many points were needed to activate the skeetball game. It just showed a bar that filled up as you played. The skeetball game is like the carnival game where you roll a ball up a ramp and get points when it goes in a hole. The more points you you made, the more tickets would appear at the end of which you got to choose one and it would have the free play amount you won. The more tickets there were, the higher the free play amounts were underneath (they were mostly $1 but there were some big ones like $500 too).

For the horse race game, I think it was earn 150 points in an hour to qualify.

13. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is hard to say since it was a green bar that would creep up on every play. I got two spins on a Red Riding Hood slot on 20 bucks that I was getting a lot of small wins on that let me keep playing for awhile.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.