1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo - Upgrade to wraparound

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Watts, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watts

Watts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all. I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience upgrading a comped room to a wraparound suite either before or at check in. I can book it straight now for $300/night.

This will be for December 20-23, typically a slower time for Vegas. Thanks.

2. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I showed up on a slow Weds they were offering Wraparound upgrades. She started at $110/night upgrade, when I showed no interest she mentioned she could make a call and maybe get it down to $85/night.

I would probably take the comped room and try to swing the upgrade at check in for those days.

Edit: They offered me a free upgrade to the 1BR Suite (I personally think they do this because the Terrace Studio is a better room layout, yet cheaper).. I did not have her look into getting the upgrade cheaper for the Wraparound. For a 4 night stay, a bigger room just isn't worth $400+ more. I would consider it at $50/day

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  3. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happened to me.

If you don't "need" a wraparound, you will have a much better shot at it for a discounted rate upon check-in. Of course, this route does not guarantee you will get it, so if you need it, just book it, IMO...:beer:

4. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going DEC 9-11 a Mon-Wed, also a slow time. I got a comped room and a host upgraded it to a good view but I will be trying to get the upgrade free or cheap at check in the day of. Good luck!

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get a wraparound for those dates for $264/$264/$232 with an offer right on their website.

6. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should book that offer! Hell of a deal.

7. throwbackid

throwbackid Guest

Almost no way of getting one comped up front. I have stayed here a dozen times over the last couple years and have never received a wrap around free of charge even with extenuating circumstances. The good thing is just request a strip view on a high floor and you will more then likely be very pleased. The coolness of the wrap arounds wears off real fast IMO.

8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

OK...that is just a bizarre statement. I have stayed there half a dozen times and received a wraparound 3 times free of charge without any extenuating circumstances...It is my sense that a wrap @ Cosmo is a much easier comp than a true suite at Bellagio or Wynn...there are A LOT of those wraps, four on every floor of two very tall buildings. The coolness may wear off but the large size and functionality of the rooms are still major benefits.

9. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty interesting (or boring) sheet about the rooms at Cosmopolitan.
    Seems they have a lot more wraparounds than terrace suites. If you have a terrace suite (like I do coming up in January) it might not be so unreasonable for the hotel to upgrade you.... The only negative to upgrading to a wraparound is you may lose the fountain view.

Attached Files:

10. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wraparound is not much of an upgrade from a terrace suite. Sure its a bigger balcony facing 2 directions but unless u get east tower facing the fountains i rather stick with the terrace suite.

11. Watts

Watts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. I think I will just book it up front so I will not have to worry if it'll be available or not. Thanks.

12. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool floor plan size chart thanks for posting

13. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came across it just by looking at images of Cosmopolitan on Google.

I would love to see these kind of charts for other properties but I dont think their really intended or available to the public

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.