1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about using TR RC's at Spa and other places

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jenblase, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

So my husband and I both have lots of Reward Credits, mainly from the Great Race last year. He has about $750 worth and I have about $1800.

We're planning on a big "splurge trip" of sorts when we go in January. Hubby wants to do a full day of spa treatments which I imagine will run in the $400-$500 range. Then we'll probably do a few nice dinners - he suggested Guy Savoy's, but not sure I want to spend that much. But definitely one night at Mesa Grill and one night at Gordon Ramsay Steak.

The thing is, I know that I will be back in Vegas soon to use up the remainder of my RC's, while my husband probably will not in 2014. So I want to use up his balance first before pulling from mine. However, the room will be under my name (don't have one yet; could have booked a COMP room at Caesars but am trying to work on acquiring a host to see if I can get any additional free play or F & B) so, is it in our best interests just to have him pay for his spa treatments the day of, instead of charging it to the room?

Or will it be OK to use both of our reward credits for the room charges?

2. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To avoid confusion, I would use his at the spa. We've tried this before and although they "can" apply his to the room, it inevitably becomes a much bigger hassle than it is worth. If he is also Diamond you'll get 15% off of spa services (I just confirmed that today). And, if he pays with this RCs, no tax will be applied, and at the rate of the spa treatments, that will be quite the savings.

Depending on how many treatments you get, it could easily be $500pp.

**Edit

I should have said that if you plan on running through all of your RCs and then using his, that is easy, but if you want to split them betwee the two of you, that is more difficult.

Oh, and will DH not play at all? I thought RCs stayed good so long as you added one RC every six months?

3. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just used my wife's card for the credits at check-out and told them we'd cover the balance with my card...charged everything to the room. It was easy.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use His, Hers or even someone else to pay a hotel bill. Same with credit cards, etc.

Spa treatments are easily over $100 an hour. And many automatically add 20% tip, which is NOT covered by RC's

5. CCaroleann

CCaroleann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at Qua in Early October 2013. We were not able to use the reward credits at the spa, we had to charge it to the room.

We did have an issue at check out as they said the room was only in one persons name so they wouldn't allow us to use the reward credits from each of our cards. I was tired and didn't debate the issue. But thinking back I should have.

Just in case, be sure both names and Total Reward numbers are on the room reservation to avoid the issue we had.

Enjoy, Qua is fabulous!!!

You can use the Total Reward card to "pay" at both Gordon Ramsey's and Mesa Grill. Not sure of Guy Savoy's we never went there. The only CET restaurant we had to charge to the room was Eiffel Tower.

Have fun

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  6. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Thanks, I've been to Qua before and loved it, but he hasn't, so I'm excited for him to experience it!

Unfortunately he is not Diamond, just lowly Gold, so he won't be eligible for any discount. But if we go together I wonder if I can use my discount and "pre-pay" as I am not getting any treatments done (but will probably hang out for a while to use the facilities). Not sure if I can get the 15% discount though if I'm using reward credits? Thought that was only if you used "cash."

If they don't allow us to use RC's at the spa then I'll just have to charge it to the room. But I'll make sure to add my husband's name and TR# to the reservation when we arrive.

7. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering about this also because I had a pedicure (at Caesar's salon/spa) and they did not deduct 15% from my $75 charge. I thought I paid there with my RCs, but maybe they charged to my room first.

8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've never had an issue using TR credits at Bally's or Paris. I've even went with daughter when she checked out and asked the clerk to deduct a certain $$ amount from my comps before using hers and I was not listed on her room reservations. They've always been very nice about this process.

FYI - daughter & her hubby had side-by-side massages at both Paris & Bally's (60-90 - min....not sure) and with tip was a little over $500 - credits used except on the tip. I can't imagine was a full day of treatments would be....:) Good luck!

9. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should have no problem. In September we stayed at PHO and used my wife's RC's first at checkout and they had no problem doing it. The reservation was only in my name and she had $200 in RC's from the Great race. The only issue we had was at Ramsey Steak when we tried to pay with RC's and they said there were only a few bucks available. My wife said we had the same issue last year there so for now on I will just charge to the room.
    Thanks
    Mark

10. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Just called to inquire about appointments for Jan. 13th. There's a special going on for the Honey Cinnamon Vichy treatment for 20% off Monday - Thursday. Well, you cannot get the discount if you're using Reward Credits, only if you're using cash or credit. Not totally surprised by that.

But then I asked, if I get my diamond discount, can I use reward credits? She said no, that has to be cash or credit as well. Hmmm. Somewhat conflicting information from what I've gotten here and elsewhere.

11. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just go to total rewards desk and have them issue a voucher using your RCs for the amount you plan to use at Qua. That is what I did for my wife when last there. We weren't staying at caesars and I didn't even play there. That is the best and least hassle free method.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not just charge to your room?

Then pay with RCs later.

13. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least as restaurants when you use RC's at the restaurant they take off the tax so you only use enough credits to cover the meal & drinks. If you charge to the room they add the tax so you end up paying that also. Assume it would work the same way with the spa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.