1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife – does amount lost count into earned TC’s at all?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BLNT, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that the conventional wisdom (to the best of my knowledge) is “no”. I am, however, at somewhat of a loss to explain the resultant TC’s earned during my recent Aria stay (room + F&B comped).

My playing stats were:
    15 hours @ $300 avg. bet playing blackjack.
    Trip loss was about $17G (more than 50 average bets…) Heck, it’d be nice if a loss like that earned you an “honorary” Platinum card!!
    EC's earned ~$100

By the end of play I was close to 75,000 TC’s as I recall - after starting at 0. I had about $200 in retail purchases which should have generated 5,000 of those TC’s.

Thus the remaining ~70,000 TC’s should be from gaming, yielding 15.5 TC’s/$/hour. That figure is close to what I’ve read, on this board, is the new base number in determining TC’s

Just prior to this last weekend my TC’s jumped to 140,000. With the 5,000 TC’s from retail factored out, that would equate to 30 TC’s/$/hour. That number is in line with how I understand TC’s used to be calculated.

One of four things come to mind that may be going on here (or a combination!):

1> The 30 TC’s/$/hour figure is correct – though not sure why the number changed a few days after my trip ended, after holding steady prior to that.

2> The 15.5 TC’s/$/hour figure is correct AND I was given about 4 TC’s for each $ lost.

3> The 15.5 TC’s/$/hour figure is correct AND the extra ~65,000 TC’s are for “who knows what reason”.

4> The Mlife site/system is (as is often the case) BROKEN, and those numbers could change tomorrow!

Thoughts?

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking over some notes, I think it we figured 30 TCs per $1 in theo, which is more like 15 TCs per dollar per hour they way they rate BJ at MGM. Now I am leaning toward #3 or 4 as the explanation for this.

Sometimes, TCs for table games don't show up for a couple of days after play is complete, sometimes they show up immediately.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  3. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, the amount is 22TCs/$/hr. That would get you to 90,000.

I don't know what you got more than that.

4. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Due to #4, any of options #1-#4 could be correct, if that makes sense??

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amount lost does not factor into Tier Credits or Express Comps.

If your Tier Credits pretty much doubled overnight but your Express Comps didn't change at the same time, then they fucked up something up.

It can take MGM a week to settle up your hotel bill and see the final charges hit your credit card account.

A couple of possibilities:

• A simple doubling of your TC's somehow
    • They somehow credited you with TC's for your room and F&B and didn't back those out yet.

70,000 TCs sounds about right for 15 hrs @ $200.

6. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My TC's jumped to 100K the evening after we checked out. That same day F&B of about a grand was taken off the bill. The next day TC's were back at 75K.

I always play (well, 99% of the time) two hands at a time. Could be that skewed something... this is Mlife we're talking about here!

7. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You said you played 15 hrs at $300/hand.

Are you playing two $300 hands? Or two $150 hands?

8. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At times I was playing $300x2, but I really doubt that's my average. More like $150x2. At some places I've played in the past they logged the amount of my single hand (they are always the same bet) and doubled my actual hours played.

My base/starting bet was $125x2 every session.

9. Kickin

Kickin Flea

You're mixing up two different things. The 30 TCs / $1 theo is the actual number from MLife. An MLife rep showed it to me in their internal booklet on the program back in July. That number also jived with what people were calculating from their play. This is NOT an hourly number, its just 30 TCs / $1 theo regardless of the game.

The 15.5 TCs/hr * avg bet is simply OUR OWN HOURLY ESTIMATE of what the best blackjack games earn. i.e. they earn theo at a rate of 15.5/30 or about half your average bet per hour. This number will be different for every game. For instance roulette can be 10x higher or whatever.

So forget about comparing the 15.5 TC hourly rate for BJ to the 30 TC rate for overall theo. They are two different measurements.

Now the 30 TC number may have been changed in the past couple months, who knows...they never advertised that number to begin with. But I think some people have posted recent play suggesting its still the same. But since the program's calendar year starts in Oct maybe that's also when they institute any changes. I'm going in a few weeks and will inquire.

More likely is that its just some error, a simple double counting as Chuck said, As far as I know MLife hasn't been giving "gift" TCs or anything like that the way CET recently did. But just keep your mouth shut and don't mention it to them. If its a mistake its a good mistake.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I put 6:5 on the theory of a screwup.

11. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do advertise it. Their brochure gives the example that one hour of $25 BJ earns 550 TC. that amounts to 22TC/$/hr.

12. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure none of them read this forum... :D

I post back here when they "fix" it !! :eek:

13. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that was in the original brochure when mlife first started, we think it was modified last year.

14. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is M life, search around, I'm sure you can find 3:2, don't short yourself :p

15. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Yeah that was in the original brochure. I don't think you see it anywhere any more though. And that was just an example. I can see that estimate maybe holding for a typical blackjack game but its usually lower for the $100 game the OP plays.

The 30 TC/$1 theo is (or was) the actual number that applied to all table games. They don't advertise it, for whatever reason. But from there you can estimate the hourly rate for any game.

16. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plenty of posts already on the math in this equation, so I will just comment based on personal observation. There is no way your actual loss factors into your TC. I have had trips with six figure losses where I earned less TC than I did on winning trips. TC is based on theo, not actual win and loss totals

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  17. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's my gut feeling as well - so I'll have to just give credit where credit is due:

THANKS Mlife!! :D

(well, for now at any rate...) ;)

18. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suppose if win/loss played a role, one might expect to LOSE TC's after big wins! lol

19. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, I actually thought about that once. Fortunately, I have had six figure wins as well a couple times and my TC were the same. In Tunica, they get pissed off about my comps when I wing big. In Vegas, my hosts only seem to care that I am playing

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  20. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do.

BLNT, I have been reading your posts with interest as I was at Aria the same time as you, but got a much different level of TC's/EC's. My play was 6 hrs of paigow at $250/hand, 2 more hrs at $100/hand, 2 hrs of BJ at $125/hand, and $20,000 or so coin in slots. I can not verify the slot play as my host is off Saturday night and I did not ask. But, I think I have it pretty close. My TC's and EC's were more than double yours. You put way more at risk with 15 hrs of BJ at $300/hand than I did with my play. I think they just fixed your TC's to what they should have been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.