1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

do you get an automatic uprade as diamond?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by duecesful, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duecesful

duecesful Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reserved the basic room at Caesars LV. I am diamond and want to know if I go to the diamond check in will I have a good opportunity to get an Augustus room? I think it's a busy weekend as I've watched room rates skyrocket to $700/night. I'll be there from 11/15-11/19. Landing at 10pm. Don't know if that helps or hurts

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are in Roman Tower, they will most likely bump you up. I don't know if you can count on Augustus but they will try if you ask.

3. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hate to be Debbie Downer, but that weekend your chances for an upgrade are probably slim (at least for Augustus). Lots going on that weekend (R&R Marathon, 2 CET slot tournaments, etc.) and you are arriving after most people have checked in. (I will be going that weekend also, but arriving 11/14.)

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i stayed for 5 nites ,had forum tower booked when i checked in i asked what type of room i had they had blocked out augustas fountian already for me.

ymmv

ps 10 pm diamond checkin is closed by then i belive so you will be dealing with the front desk

5. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In January over the MLK day holiday weekend I was able to book Octavious. When I got there, I was put in the Palace Tower. The clerk at Diamond Check in said there were rooms in Octavious/Augustus, but not for me.

The Palace Tower Room was very nice, but that remark bothered me enough not to want to return there.

6. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am Diamond also & had one experience where I was downgraded when I arrived. I had booked Augustus (through my host) & I think I ended up in Palace or Forum. They said there were no Augustus rooms left when I arrived :grrr:

7. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

My host has told me, quite clearly, that when it comes to Ceasars, on a comp, there is no guarantee on type of room.

If you have a host, that helps, but if on your own through offers or website, no guarantees and I believe even the website says that.

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes room type is not guarentee but you status does help.

i was gold staying in comped rooms all the time booked a higher class of comps in ac and they always downgraded me and when i ask they said nastily your only gold you get what i give you.

9. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you don't end up in a Roman, be thankful.

You just can never tell for certain what you will get at Caesars.

10. michael cevene

michael cevene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    diamond check in - complained to manager

Requested the augustus tower in march 2012 and was booked by our host.
    Received confirmation by email that said we were booked for that room.
    When checking in at the diamond check in (and is was very busy with a wait)
    The lady said very loudly that sorry your diamond status was to low for that room and that our room was in the roman tower. I had my email with me and showed her where it says we have a confirmation number and it says right here. (pushed it in her face since we felt embarssed that she had said it so loud) the lady said in even a louder voice - sir if you read the fine print (and pointed to it) it says if available and at your tier level which is 15,438 that is too low. Then she said i can book you at Paris in a premier red room if you don't like the roman room. She had this condinsiding loud voice with a smirk on her face. Pissed us off. Asked to speak to the manager and complained about the way she handled us. No questions asked, he went on his computer and in about one minute he said - accept this suite in the octivis tower for you stay and our apolgy.
    Wow we did not expect that, best room we ever had
    But somehow they know and tell the slot machines - had $500 in FP, played several machines at $1.20 - 2.40 a spin and never won anything and all was gone in about 40 minutes, then lost the rest of our budget in another couple of hours - glad we had that nice room to feel sorry for ourslefs.

11. Dejavu

Dejavu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at Caesars Palace 3 times in the last 12 month and have been upgraded all 3 times.

Stay 1 booked Forum tower for 2 nights and upgraded to Palace tower.
    Stay 2 booked Forum tower for 3 nights and upgraded to junior suite in palace tower.
    Stay 3 booked Roman tower for 5 nights and upgraded to Augustus tower.

All 3 stays were booked using TR calendar and checked in at regular check in between 7pm & 9pm.

12. KarenTN

KarenTN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what tower are you booked in and did you book through a host? booking through a host makes a difference. The hosts meet (don't know if it is every day or not) and go over who is coming in and block out specific rooms/suites for their players based on past play.

13. duecesful

duecesful Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked in Roman tower. Through tr calendar. We stayed once before booked Roman and upgraded to palace which was very nice. Id be happy to get palace tower.

14. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've stayed at Caesars twice this year.

First time was on my diamond card and got upgraded from Forum Tower to Augustus Tower with a fountain view.

Second time was this week and we booked two rooms, one on my diamond card and one on my wife's diamond. We checked in at midnight and both rooms were upgraded from palace tower to ausgustus tower fountain view.

I think the day of the week you check in makes a big difference. Since it was so late and diamond check in was closed i did not expect to get it. My wife and I did the sweet talk about having a Vegas virgin with us and got the room without the $20 trick (but gave it to her afterwards anyway).

By the way, I had about 76,000 and my wife had about 26,000 tier credits when we checked in

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.