1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Platinum Resort Fees - Ballys

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by IDoLuvVegas, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDoLuvVegas

IDoLuvVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be staying at Ballys next week. Got my TR Visa last month and Platinum status upgrade. Are resort fees waived for Platinum members at Ballys or only for Diamond and Seven Stars?

2. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any TR property you stay at in Vegas, the resort fee is waived for PLATINUM and above.

3. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And just to clarify....

Along with the resort fee being waived so are the services that you get when you normally pay the fees. ie: internet access health club etc!

A better statement would be: as a platinum member you are not longer FORCED to pay the $18/day for use of the gym/internet, now it's up to you if you want to pay and use those services :)

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fee is waved but if you use any of the amenities you will charged

5. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You also get 2 for 1 tickets to many different shows. I would email them and see if the list has changed recently.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    basicaly the same list and you can ussualy find better deals than 2 for 1 if you poke around

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fact it works this way makes me more pissed that CET claimed "our customers wanted this!"

When fees are waived at MGM, you still get to use the amenities right?

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Yes for comped rooms, MGM doesn't play loose with the wording the way CET does when they say it's waived. But the fairer comparison to CET would be if MGM waived them for higher tier cards, which they don't. They just waive them for comp rooms.

So for people who stay comped the MGM system is better, for people who don't stay comped but have the higher tier card the CET system is better.

9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET also waives fees for Gold card members who booked before March 1st 2013. I will be at Bally's in 2 weeks comped and resort free.........weeeeeeeee!!

10. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been Diamond for years but daughter is Plat and her hubby uses the gym almost daily on a 5 day stay at Bally's. I always have her come in to check in and out with me in the Diamond room at Bally's. The clerk refunded the gym fee and also the safe fee for her without us even asking when checking out...... they did not have the "resort fee" showing up on their billing when they checked it on the TV before going down to check out.

11. PPtraderal

PPtraderal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET

Just did a stay at Paris. They have a Platinum check in and no resort fees. Also if any part of your stay is comped there's no tax on your comped room. In Atlantic City it's $ 13.00 a night on a comped room. All things considered we were treated very well at Pairs. Hope you get the same courtesy.

12. KarenTN

KarenTN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diamond members used to be able to use the gym at Caesars free of charge. I think it was $25 for everyone else. I wonder if, with this resort fee nonsense, Diamond players now have to pay for the gym if they don't pay the resort fee

13. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped rooms at MGM hotels you don't need to pay resort fees? I booked a comped room at aria but it listed on the reservation there is still a $25/night resort fee. Is it always comped?

14. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I, too, just left Paris today and attest to the platinum check in line and also that you do pay if you use the gym even when resort fees waived. I had two rooms. One in my name platinum and one in my husbands name (he's gold). Our friends who stayed in his room used the gym and when I checked my bill last night at 2am I saw the charges on my platinum room. Called down and after a little disagreement (guy told me to dispute the charges with the gym) I explained that we have two rooms and the gym charges were for the husbands room. They agreed to switch them over and poof- disappeared on my screen. Since our friends had to pay the resort fee anyway, no matter that they used the gym.

Wanted to add that the gym fee was $25 per day. Not sure what the resort fee is since I didn't have to pay.

15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM hotels will list it on reservation. Might even have you sign for it when you register. But, if room is comped, it goes away. AND - you get to take advantage of the perks, unlike CET.

16. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you are staying at NYNY or Monte Carlo. Then you pay the resort fee on the comped room... lame.

17. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my last NYNY stay - maybe 2 years ago - they made a big deal about the resort fee on checkin, but it was gone when I left.

Heading there again soon, will see what happens.

18. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a Platinum card the resort fee is waived at CET properties. Do you have a Platinum card?

19. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are MGM hotels not CET. :)

20. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a Plat at CET, it is waived but you do NOT get use of those items. As said in earlier posts, you only get to waive the automatic posting. If you want internet, even as a Diamond, you still pay.

NYNY and Monte Carlo are part of MGM, not CET.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.