1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comped hotel limo question?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two of my brothers and one SIL have now booked the same flight we are on. MSS sends the limo for my wife and I (really they contract with Bell) but it’s comped by the hotel, so we will all be in the same limo.

One brother and Sil are starting their stay at Four Queens on my 3 night comp, but I have to check in for them. Would it be too much to ask the limo driver to wait at Four Queens while I go in and check them in? I have no idea when the hotel orders the limo, if they are contracted for a set time or???

Am I asking for too much?

The alternative would be to drop them at 4Q, take the 3 of us to MSS, check in there and then I would have to walk back to 4Q to check them in. Really a pita! We have shared a limo with them on some previous trips with a stop at 4Q, I just never had to check them in before.

I appreciate my comps and try not to abuse them. Of course if he waited a good tip would be involved. I normally tip $20 for the two of us, so it would have to go up from that.

Thoughts?

2. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask the driver, tell him what his tip would be...and leave the decision up to him.

I know if I was the driver that's what I woudl appreciate in that situation.

3. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just ask the driver when you get in at the airport. If he says "no - it's only a single stop at MSS", then tell him "fine".
    It's really a pretty short stroll to 4-Queens, if it comes down to it - but I'd bet that the driver will drop them off there, although he'll probably do it after he drops you at MSS (as it would be easier to the 4-Queens drop-off area from MSS than it is from the freeway). So, you'll want to tip him your $20 at MSS & have your brother tip him another $10-20 at 4-Queens...or, you could just hand him $30-40 when you board the limo and ask him to make the 4-Queens stop.
    Either way, I suspect you'll be fine.

Annual Spring Trip!
  4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's never been a problem with an extra stop at 4Q before dropping us off at MSS. I just never had to go in before.

5. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well then - if he won't wait while you go in, drop them off & then head over there after you get checked in at MSS. They can check their bags with the bellman & go gamble while they're waiting for you.

Annual Spring Trip!
  6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Emailed my host, explained the situation and asked if the driver could wait while I went in, or, if my wife could check into our room at MSS while I checked them in at 4Q and I would walk to MSS.

Got a reply yesterday. The driver has been instructed to wait at 4Q for me while I check them in. A surprise answer I must admit, but my host and I have been having some issues and a manager told me to CC him any emails I send to the host, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.