1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bar cocktail menus on web?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by golfnut, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried doing a search but was unsuccessful.

Does anyone know if there are any websites that you can get bar cocktail menus on. I know that you can find a lot of them by going to individual websites. But wondering if there is any place to find multiple bars in one place.

2. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What type of cocktails are you looking for? Craft cocktails or something else?

3. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craft cocktails. I like to look at what they offer, prices. I also like to find things I would like to try and put a note in my phone. So when Im out and about I can remember what to order. If there isn't a website devoted to Vegas bars, then there should be.

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're a craft cocktail enthusiast like me keep your expectations on the strip in check. Particularly if you're looking for creativity, devotion to execution and/or an east coast cocktail sensibility. Sage (aria), American Fish (aria) and Vesper (Cosmopolitan) are some of the better craft cocktail spots I've found. A lot of folks like comme ca (Cosmopolitan) but I don't care for their style of drinks.

Good luck!

5. sandlapper

sandlapper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoy Hit, the bar in the high-limit area of Monte Carlo. It offers wonderful, classic cocktails.

6. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I plan on having many cocktails there. Plan on trying the blood and sand. (Scotch classic)

7. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit has a decent menu and good ingredients (eg Antica Formula sweet vermouth, etc), but their execution of cocktails spotty. Particularly if you order something off-menu. For example I ordered a Toronto Cocktail (I told them the ingredients) and it was shaken, not stirred. Oddly, they correctly stir certain drinks on the menu, which leads me to believe they are trained how to make those specific drinks, but they have no idea why they are made that way.

That said, Hit is better than vast majority of the bars on the strip for cocktails, so I can't complain too much.

First world problems, for sure.

8. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golf, this site has a pretty good listing of bar sites and you can sort by type. I checked a few, like Commonwealth, but could not find specific drink menus.

http://www.lasvegashappyhour.net/Most-Popular-Happy-Hours-in-Las-Vegas

One of my favorite mixology places is Herbs and Rye. They don't have a copy online but their physical (real life) drink menu is fantastic. A bit of history for each drink. My favorite is the Hemingway:

http://www.herbsandrye.com/menu.pdf

Another HH site that someone posted last month, maybe Westie?: Good for location sort:

http://vegas.eater.com/archives/2013/09/25/updated-ultimate-guide-to-happy-hours-sept-2013.php

9. JonasClark

JonasClark Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vesper is my favorite but, sadly, no online copy of the menu. Great bartenders, interesting menu, and they're happy to invent a cocktail based on your mood or any esoteric specifications you give.

Part of the fun is watching all the other folks walk on by, knowing that many of them are probably dismissing Vesper due to its proximity to registration and are assuming there are better drinks elsewhere. (In my opinion, on the Strip, there aren't.) Also nice to see they have an absinthe fountain, if anise drinks are your thing.

By the way, if anyone likes foamy drinks, of the type which often use part or all of an egg, avoid the Petrossian bar in Bellagio. It's the only classy bar I've ever seen which uses "Frothee," an artificial product which adds foam to shaken drinks. Yuck. Their barrel-aged Negronis are nice, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.