1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Players Card at $5/$10 level

Discussion in 'Comps' started by pokerbucketlist, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time at Mirage they said they dont take your players card unless you are playing $25 a hand at blackjack. One nice host took it anyway, and did something at the computer.

Is it even worthwhile to give out the card if playing 5 or 10 Blackjack or craps?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well, if you don't give it to them you're guaranteed to get nothing. if you do give it to them, you might get something. so it's worth it, but not much. even if they rated you at $5/hand you'd only earn about $1 in comps every hour. like poker.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hypothetical question, is it worth it to be rated for $5/$10 BJ if he is a much bigger slot/video poker player at MGM? Because what I have read here, it sounds like MGM ratings are more of a "trip average". I've got the impression that doing that is a clear no-no for CET unless you plan to play your normal slot/video poker volume that same day.

If OP normally plays live poker instead, then yeah, you're better off trying to just get rated since poker comps generally are just "comps per hour". I was pleased to see I had $19 of poker comps this last trip from playing one all-nighter at MGM in 2012 ($2/hr rate for mix games).

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they take your card, they may or may not rate you. And, as said, it is not like you are gonna get much out of it anyways.

5. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLife recently lowered their $25 min to rate players. Might as well give them your card...you never know when you'll go on a heater and be playing more than $5/$10.

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

You should at least hand your card to the pit boss to earn your ECs. Anytime you wager any amount of money, you should rightfully earn the respective ECs. If you are going to hit and run, then yes, a $5 or $10 table bet will not earn you anything except ugly looks from the other players at the table for jinxing the rest of their shoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.