1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Airlines Fall/Winter Sale?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by rdunc311, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

I typically remember SWA having a sale that has 99/109/129 flights based on the mileage that you fly. I thought they typically come up around fall/winter.

I'm going to Vegas at the end of January and flights are expensive right now and I'm trying to hold out to see if I can get a deal. Anyone with any knowledge about potential sales?

2. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way to know if these will be offered again, but last November 1st there was a fare sale with prices starting at $59 each way and then another pretty good offer on Cyber Monday just after Thanksgiving. Hope we'll see more of these types of offers this year...Cheers!!!

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    booking this far out is guaranteed to get a terrible price unless they happen to be running a big sale. otherwise 6 weeks is the best timeframe.

4. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked for Feb 28-3rd. Paid 230 per person with eb. It could of been better but I am happy with it.

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm afraid tht the winter sales have gone the way of the old systemwide internet sales. I attend a trade show usually the last week of February. Usually they extend the reservation system at the end of august, prices drop a bit aftr a week or ten days and then sometime after that they go up and down ut it is a crap shoot and you have to look all the time. Last year I booked and then rebooked getting ideal times for a total of $225 roundtrip from NH! This year they opened the dates and there were no "wanna get away" prices at all. then they were $253 each way from NH but not boston , CT, providence or Portland ME.

I chose not such great flights this year to keep my cst to $258. roundtrip NH to LV. I don't expect the prices to improve but keep checking to see if I can get my better times. Considering that SWA doesn't charge to change flights and doesn't charge for baggage, I'm counting my blessings.

Jimbo338

6. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I'll give it some time.

7. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know last year we spent a week in Vegas in late September and when we got back SW had a sale on flights beginning in November through February and we booked a flight for December at $99 each way from Pittsburgh. I am waiting and hoping to see some movement with the prices because the best they are doing is $183 each way for the same time period.

p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.