1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are you ready for the High Roller?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Jade88, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's strange that they would post an older picture of the construction. I was in Vegas 2 weeks ago and the wheel was already 90% rounded.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Noooo so scared! I feel like I'll probably end up in there at some point but, I don't do well with heights.

Almost had a heart attack in the Eiffel Tower haha :vomit:

4. rosec73

rosec73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heights are not my thing either, but as long as I am totally enclosed I will be willing to give it a try and peek between my fingers while covering my face :)

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I'm pretty sure I read today that the wheel part is 100% done.

6. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm with you here. I was never really afraid of heights as a youngster, but for some reason I am now. I do, however, like the highest hotel room floor I can get, because I love the view. So I think I'll have to brave the wheel as well.

7. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i read it will take 30 minutes to make a revolution. some drunken fool is gonna get on and have to tinkle while at the top of the wheel.

8. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here! Eiffel Tower made me weak in the knees. Saw the wheel last week, and it's taller!

9. bhbob

bhbob Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait

I am so looking forward to this opening! I will ride it with no hesitation. I will make a extra trip to Vegas just to ride this, and then everything else I do :thumbsup:

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Unless your fear of heights is really intense I don't think you have to worry. I've been on the one in Singapore and you barely notice it. I guess I'm used to being in high buildings but it doesn't really feel much different than that.

This one in Vegas says its 520 feet in diameter and makes a complete revolution in 30 minutes. So you do the math (520/5280*pi)/0.5 = 0.62 miles per hour. You would have a hard time walking that slowly if you tried. Plus the cabins are 225 square feet, so they're not a whole lot smaller than the actual living area of most hotel rooms.

When I went on the one in Singapore our cabin was just a few of us, but if they try stuffing a bunch of people in the cabins in Vegas I bet claustrophobia will be more of an issue than the height for most people.

11. NWAcadia

NWAcadia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grrrrr yet another thing that won't be open when we get down there next month. Still it will be cool to see the current stage that it's in! Yet another reason to come back down again!

12. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be fun to take pics of. They are building another one down by Mandalay Bay, that one is set to open in 2015 i think. Reminder to self....Don't drink and ride when you have a tiny bladder...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.