1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where to stay on the strip for female traveling alone?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by LindainWI, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LindainWI

LindainWI Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am considering a trip to my favorite place on earth. It's been a while since I've been due to the unexpected loss of my partner. We used to go several times a year and usually stayed at Encore. What would you suggest for a female traveler on her own in Vegas? Thanks!

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If my wife went to Vegas solo, I would put her in the Bellagio.

3. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn/Encore, Venetian/Palazzo, Bellagio, or Aria.

4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My condolences on the unexpected loss of your partner. If I found myself in that situation I think I would be most comfortable in familiar, safe surroundings (Four Seasons, in my case). But only you can assess if the familiar hotel would be comfortable or might hold too many memories.

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What made me feel better when traveling solo was a place that was diligent about checking room keys before allowing people to enter the elevators. I've found places like Wynn, Bellagio and Aria to be the best.

6. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gaggles room is a common choice for women in this situation....:wink2:

7. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I were over the age of 50, I'd choose Bellagio. Under that age, and I'd go with Aria. You may find Aria a touch livelier and less Muzak-ish, while still preserving the same sense of luxury and safety.

8. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer Palazzo overall for my solo trips as it feels like home to me now and is secure and has everything I need right on property. I stayed at Encore last time and I felt perfectly safe but I personally didn't like the vibe at all, especially when the club kids came out. I have stayed at Bally's, PHo, Monte Carlo and Aria and felt perfectly safe at all of them (although I had a bizarre encounter at paris). The only place I was uncomfortable was the Luxor as the corridors to the elevator were long and felt isolated, and the clientele was a little rough around the edges.

I love my solo trips but then I have never run into Gaggles or BeeJay :wink2:

9. mevans92

mevans92 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed alone at the Cosmopolitan and Harrah's in the past. I felt safe in both places.

I do travel alone often, so maybe I'm just desensitized to it, but I never actually felt unsafe/nervous anywhere on the strip. One of the wonderful things about Vegas is there are always plenty of other people around.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone solo 3 times in the past year. I'm female, 28. I stayed at Luxor, MGM/Flamingo and Trump. Honestly I think it just depends what you like. Since it's just me I can do whatever I damn well please haha!

I agree with finding somewhere you feel safe... I don't feel unsafe overall in Vegas though, but I probably wouldn't walk the strip alone at 2 am. Obviously also be cautious with strangers.

Trump and Luxor were my favorites. Trump is really luxurious it was nice to be alone, and take a nice bath and relax a bit... feels very safe too, no shady business going on at all there. That place has become one of my home bases in Vegas, so very comfortable for me. Luxor I loved being close to Mandalay (I would of obviously preferred Mandalay, my other home base). Between the 2 properties, there is so much to do... Really, just think about what you enjoy!

I think on solo trips having my (a) car is a must (I'm from California). I like to zip around from place to place, and no getting in any taxis alone either. I also went off strip, out to Red Rock, went to the outlet mall, movies... again by myself I can do whatever I want haha.

My biggest issue is dining. Normally on my trips we enjoy fancy meals, and I don't wanna do that solo. So keep that in mind. Some of the higher end properties don't have a lot of casual options.

11. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have never felt unsafe in Vegas

I stayed at Ballys, Harrahs & Tropicana for my solo trips.
    (40 something female for all these trips)
    Never had a car on a solo trip.
    Prefer a centrally located resort (I liked Trop room & resort, not location).

Even when DH & I go, we often do separate activities (me poker, him golf) & meet for dinner & evening activities. But sometimes I will play poker late. I have never felt unsafe in Vegas.

BUT when I am travelling solo I never mention that I am alone. It has never come up, but I figure if I ever feel uncomfortable during a conversation with someone, I will mention meeting DH...blah blah blah.

I do watch my drinks more closely when travelling alone--both in amount & my attention to my drinks. I often eat meals at the bar, at slightly off peak hours, chat up bartenders.

Have fun!

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done IP/Quad, Harrah's, Flamingo, and Bally's now all solo at times. No issues or uneasy feelings with any of them. Major gripe with IP was uber-slow elevators.

13. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My suggestions would be Mirage, TI or Venetian. Each have everything at differing levels of income. Venetian might be my choice in your situation.

14. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I travel to Vegas solo frequently, and I don't think you need to choose a hotel based on the fact that you will be solo. I wouldn't feel unsafe at any of the strip properties. Go with whatever makes you happy. My condolences on the loss of your partner.

15. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What JosieCat said....

I just got back from a 3 night stay at Aria as a solo female traveler. If you are worried about security, the Sky Suites security is excellent.....nobody gets up those elevators without a card key.

I dined alone at Serrano's and Todd's English Pub and it was no big deal at all. You don't need to tell people you are there solo....just act like you own the place and nobody will even notice! :)

My condolences on the loss of your partner.

16. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about your loss.

My suggestion (although it doesn't sound like you need one). Pick a higher end resort that has most of what you want onsite. You can cab to other locations instead of walking if need be.

I'd also consider picking a place you haven't stayed at before. Start a new adventure...

17. Mowsee

Mowsee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've traveled to Vegas many times solo and have felt totally comfortable. Would not suggest going off strip but I think you could go with any of the strip properties.

18. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with most everyone. I travel solo regularly and feel safer in Las Vegas than most places. My favorite is Palazzo, even over the Wynn. But I've stayed just about everywhere. For less than 4 stars, I recommend Flamingo Go rooms, LVH or Rio. Have fun!

19. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Bellagio would be a good choice because of its central location and level of security. You wouldnt have to walk very far to get to many other properties.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  20. Nevada1278

Nevada1278 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed solo at the Aria (female, 27). As it is set back from the Strip, you tend to get less 'passers through' so it feels peaceful. There are friendly security staff all over the property.
    I felt safe, secure and well looked after there.

I did a lot of walking during the daytime (even walked from Stratosphere to Aria) and never felt uneasy. I've been many times though, so I knew to expect a few funny fellows along the way!

Will be staying solo at The Mirage in October and really looking forward to it, as I haven't stayed there before.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.